Is this the infamous DCCV?

This car seems to have a higher fail rate a lot of stuff than other cars do. I applaud them for trying so many things in different ways, but obviously the research wasn't there. It's like driving around a beta version of some final car that was never built... and this is coming from a person that owned and replaced/fixed numerous problems on a 15 yr old Town Car which was 20 years old when I sold it in 2009.

And a lot of other cars have an even higher fail rate.

Was at the car wash and this guy who just bought a 2011 Audi A4 is having some major issues with oil consumption. How the hell does a low mileage 2.0 4 cylinder burn a quart of oil between oil changes??

Heat makes things fail plain and simple. Good thing with the LS is once you fix it, you can expect it to last a long time and the issues it has are common and not very expensive to fix. As cars get newer they get more advanced and have more features which means more things to fail.

I don't know who made the 3.9, but Ford has been making V8's forever... Some things I just expect of American V8's that aren't involved in racing. They should be built to last.

But on every Ford I've ever owned, there is one thing that was a new approach to an aspect, and its usually a common part to fail. The DCCV seems to be an example of such. It's not an extremely complicated part. It should be designed to last longer than the car itself. Though a lot of these parts that fail, I blame on cutting corners in order to save on costs.

But on every Ford I've ever owned, there is one thing that was a new approach to an aspect, and its usually a common part to fail. The DCCV seems to be an example of such. It's not an extremely complicated part. It should be designed to last longer than the car itself. Though a lot of these parts that fail, I blame on cutting corners in order to save on costs.

I don't know about that. I know the window regulators are a BMW design. It's just that Ford's supplier cheaped-out on an important part and made it out of plastic. Once they made the part out of metal failures have been rare. The DCCV failures have either been cracked plastic parts (my failure) or clogged valves. Maybe replacing the coolant more often would cure the later.

More and more manufacturers are using plastics more and more and anyone who keeps their cars for a long time (like I do) will experience plastic failures. Heat kills!!!! It may be an inconvenience, but the repair is cheaper than a car payment.

I couldn't agree more. And I too plan to keep my LS for many years. Everything I replace, I want to know I can either get it cheap, or find a better part for replacement.

I have to ask if my 2003 lincoln ls v8 has some sort of overheating problem could this dccv be part of the problem or is it only associated with the heating and air conditioning?

I have to ask if my 2003 lincoln ls v8 has some sort of overheating problem could this dccv be part of the problem or is it only associated with the heating and air conditioning?

If the DCCV is leaking, then it could be part of the problem. Usually, the DCCV has no involvement in engine overheating.

ok thanks i will keep trying other things and reading up on overheating problems in the search forums.I can't seem to get it right.

ok thanks i will keep trying other things and reading up on overheating problems in the search forums.I can't seem to get it right.
If you start replacing parts (and you can afford it), it wouldn't hurt to do it at the same time. Thermostat, housing, DCCV, and degas all at once so you don't have those problems in the future. (and you can rule them out if the problem persists.)

yeah thanks for the info but almost every part that is associated with the cooling system is brand new and i do mean just about everything so maybe just trapped air that i'm not getting out but i am bleeding the air properly as per the instructions iv'e read up on.

My new dccv just took a sh**. The off brand from Rockauto. Lasted 2 months. Heat on the left, cold on the right. Sometimes cold both sides, sometimes warm air.

Does blow cold from a cold start. Lasted for about 5 miles then started acting up.

My new dccv just took a sh**. The off brand from Rockauto. Lasted 2 months. Heat on the left, cold on the right. Sometimes cold both sides, sometimes warm air.

Does blow cold from a cold start. Lasted for about 5 miles then started acting up.

what did you end up doing with it? warranty?

I don't know if I'm having the same issue here, mine doesn't get cold on the driver side... But passenger side trys to get cold but I think it's because the driver side won't get cold? Does this valve effect that also???

I don't know if I'm having the same issue here, mine doesn't get cold on the driver side... But passenger side trys to get cold but I think it's because the driver side won't get cold? Does this valve effect that also???

I have to admit that what you are saying is not very clear to me.
The DCCV controls temperature on both sides, separately. The symptoms that you get depends on which valve fails and how. If the driver's side fails in heat mode (open) then it will somewhat overpower the passenger side too.

Yet another DCCV question

I have an 06 LS V8. Just passed 200,000 miles. Replaced every plastic part I could (or so I thought) 1 year ago. I have a leak in what looks to be the bottom tube/hose of the DCCV (return?). The 3 tubes look to be plastic. The DCCV was replaced at about 100,000 miles by previous owner. I don't feel any noticeable cooling issues from either side of the cabin vents. Has anyone heard of the plastic pipes failing on these valves, like other plastic pieces in the cooling system? I have to assume they fail. Just looking for some confirmation.

any hose whether plastic or rubber could fail, especially after than many miles.

Members online

No members online now.
Back