Is this the infamous DCCV?

Elemino

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is this the infamous DCCV / Heater Control Valve?

http://bit.ly/ysLt2G

$135 @ Autozone

431230_3414644246000_1266894794_33364588_1577373129_n.jpg

For those that haven't seen my other posts, I just bought this LS 2 weeks ago. The dealer gave me an additional $300 off the price of the car because the AC was not blowing cold air. I just came across the "REAL OFFICIAL LINCOLN LS OWNERS GUIDE" which said a problem with the AC may be caused by this valve.

When the AC is on, the compressor runs, and there is plenty of noise letting me know gas is circulating. My Dad and I confirmed there is 50 PSI of gas in the system when it has sat idle for an extended period of time and the temp is in the 70's. However, there is NO cold air at all. Could this be this problem? Is this the valve told of in the owners manual?

You can get it for $98.76 shipped from partstrain.com and entering promo code PTCART.

I bought mine from them and was happy with the purchase and shipping. Get this one.

Edit: Call them before you place the order though. Online it says in stock but it might not be in their system. Call and if they have it order it online to get the discount. I don't think they'll use the PTCART over the phone.

Good thread to find since I'm pretty sure mine just :q:q:q:q out today. Hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side when the temp was set at 60. Yippie!

Does the air come out not only uncooled but actually heated? If so, then it probably is the DCCV.

Wait till the engine is cold. Start it and turn the AC on set for low temp. If you get cooling for a minute or so, then it is probably the DCCV. If you don't then you have an AC problem.

Yes, that is the DCCV for the gen2 LS. Then gen1 LS DCCV has 5 tubes on it.

I just ordered the motorcraft one from rockauto.com. It was under $100. It also probably took out the fuse under the hood as well so plan on replacing it too.

Thanks for info guys... which fuse am I supposed to look for? I have a 2003.

I'm excited... I've been baffled by this problem. I hope to have it working soon if this is the problem.

Thanks for info guys... which fuse am I supposed to look for? I have a 2003.

I'm excited... I've been baffled by this problem. I hope to have it working soon if this is the problem.

If your compressor truly runs, then you can skip checking the fuse. (Same fuse for compressor and DCCV.)

Bad news...

I started the engine for the first time today, engine completely cold, and the A/C never got cold. While this is a problem on these cars, it doesn't look like it's my problem. Still stuck :confused:

Mine did the same thing. Replaced the DCCV fixed! Seems to be a high failure unit on this cars! I had hot air coming out of right vents & cooler air coming out of left vents, compressor working.

2000 LS V6, wife's toy

You probably blew the fuse which also controls the compressor. Look up the AC Compressor fuse and pull it and check. If it's blown just assume you need a DCCV.

Bad news...

I started the engine for the first time today, engine completely cold, and the A/C never got cold. While this is a problem on these cars, it doesn't look like it's my problem. Still stuck :confused:

06LS Blowing Hot HVAC Air all the time and NOT the DCCV

I just replaced the DCCV in my 2006 LS that's blowing hot HVAC air all the time (regardless of tempearture setting) and it did NOT fix the problem. What would you recommend as the next item to check?

Thanks....

Does the air come out not only uncooled but actually heated? If so, then it probably is the DCCV.

Wait till the engine is cold. Start it and turn the AC on set for low temp. If you get cooling for a minute or so, then it is probably the DCCV. If you don't then you have an AC problem.

I just replaced the DCCV in my 2006 LS that's blowing hot HVAC air all the time (regardless of tempearture setting) and it did NOT fix the problem. What would you recommend as the next item to check?

Thanks....

Check fuse #1 in the box under the hood. The old DCCV may have blown it.

Also, run the DATC self diagnostics and report any trouble codes displayed.

The DATC module self-test through the front panel display:
can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
is entered by pressing the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within 2 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
reports individual on-demand DTCs as 4-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC module will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC module was conducting its self-test.
will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.

To exit the self-test, press the DEFROST button. This will clear all on-demand codes from the DATC module memory. If no button is pushed, DTCs will continue to be displayed.

I think it went out on the LS... (The DCCV)

I don't understand. It was working fine, then I got on the gas, the air went hot, and it never went back to cold. I discovered that setting the temp to 60 degrees and manually controlling the fan was the only way to get cold air from it. So it'll function that way until I get around to replacing the DCCV.

I don't understand. It was working fine, then I got on the gas, the air went hot, and it never went back to cold. I discovered that setting the temp to 60 degrees and manually controlling the fan was the only way to get cold air from it. So it'll function that way until I get around to replacing the DCCV.

I don't know about the hvac on the LS but that sounds like a blend door problem in many other cars.

Yup sounds like the DCCV. Very common for it to fail.

I don't know about the hvac on the LS but that sounds like a blend door problem in many other cars.

The LS doesnt have blend doors. It has a DCCV.

Because it doesn't have blend doors??

It has it's issues but most cars nowadays have stuff that fails.

Except that the LS had rookie engineers designing it.

Okay, when an air temperature blend door fails, you have to tear out the whole dash to replace the part. When the DCCV fails, it's a pretty simple replacement.

Please note that while the use of a blend door for temperature control is pretty common, there are several cars besides the LS that use water (heater) valves for control instead.

This car seems to have a higher fail rate a lot of stuff than other cars do. I applaud them for trying so many things in different ways, but obviously the research wasn't there. It's like driving around a beta version of some final car that was never built... and this is coming from a person that owned and replaced/fixed numerous problems on a 15 yr old Town Car which was 20 years old when I sold it in 2009.

Members online

Back