Is there a place to get precut vinyl to use on fogs?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to put gloss black vinyl on my fogs leaving only the round center piece that the light comes thru clear. I was going to paint them, but the vinyl will last longer than paint especially when it comes to chipping. Any idea how I can go about getting this done or where to find the vinyl precut maybe?

i would paint them and clear over them personally. But with professional product. The prepping is what will decide how long they last. If you do use vinyl, your better off going to a vinyl shop and asking for a 2 6"x6" pieces with a hole cut out of the center. Give them the diamter you want. Then you can put it on and cut out around the edge of the lens. Good luck. post pics!

I have stuff from DecalFX.com I think is the name of the place. Still have them here - for the headlights and fogs if you want them..

This is them:

http://www.decalfx.com/pre_cut_lens_film_kits.html

Just pick 03-06 LS and you'll see what they look like.

I was looking on there earlier today. Can I do what I want with the ones you have as I described above? I don't want to tint them though I want straight black gloss vinyl.

It's tint what I have, so I dunno. I'm sure you could paint them if you used a stencil or something.

Thats an interesting mod. Interested in the outcome. I'm sure you can just cut the hole in the tint film, paint it gloss black and then place on the fogs.

I have some tint laying around and was going to do the same thing. My hope was that having a more round looking fog will be more LSE'ish

I was going to remove the fogs and put on the tint and then use a knife to cut out the center hole section. There is a chance I may have sometime to do it this week and post some pics

I have some tint laying around and was going to do the same thing. My hope was that having a more round looking fog will be more LSE'ish

I was going to remove the fogs and put on the tint and then use a knife to cut out the center hole section. There is a chance I may have sometime to do it this week and post some pics

That's kinda my goal too as I think it will give it a more sleek look.

I wonder if the vinyl/tint will cause the lights to build up extra heat? If so I'm not sure what the damage could be, but Andrizzle has had issues with his tinted tail lights bubbling.

I wonder if the vinyl/tint will cause the lights to build up extra heat? If so I'm not sure what the damage could be, but Andrizzle has had issues with his tinted tail lights bubbling.

Fair point. I also was hit by the melting on my tails which have a laminx film on them.

This though maybe different. The hole in the center section should prevent it from becoming hot enough to melt the outer plastic. Don't quote me on that though. If you want to be even safer running LED bulbs like I have would fix the heat problem

Members online

Back