Is there a list of the years and options available for the LS?

Not true.

At least they arent manual intermittent in the normal sense.

They still come on when they feel like it. Turning it up more seems to only increase the sensitivity of the rain sensor. There is still no logic as to when they come on.

On my 2004 if you turn them on past the rain sensor auto setting there are three speed continues wipes.

On my 2004 if you turn them on past the rain sensor auto setting there are three speed continues wipes.

Grrr... mine does not do that.

Maybe I have a fault somewhere. I am always turning my wipers off and on to get them to clear the windshield when I need it cleared.

Grrr... mine does not do that.

Maybe I have a fault somewhere. I am always turning my wipers off and on to get them to clear the windshield when I need it cleared.

I have rain sensors on my '04 also - and find myself doing that also.

Have you guys ever looked past the auto-sensing setting bars?

There are arrows for traditional continuous wiping.

Maybe not all the LS's with rain sensing wipers had that?

I don't think they are complaining that they can't turn the wipers on continuously, I suspect that the complaint is that they can't set them to make a sweep every x seconds.

I very well know what options I have. The last 2 are continuous wiping, one is faster than the other. All the notches prior to that (on my car at least) are an extension of the rain sensing wipers. I can set it to any of those, and it only seems to adjust the sensitivity of the rain sensor. The wipers still come on at random intervals... just a bit more frequently.

At least I know I am not the only one that is irritated by it.

I don't see how the first arrow past the rain sensor bars is not achieving what the complaint is about. It has a traditional wipe, and the double arrow is a faster version. How is this not what you want?

And yea I don't think I saw rain in that video? But +1 for bumping some HU.

Mist some water on the windshield in front of the sensor. Do water droplets remain over the sensor, or do they quickly run off. If it's the latter, then that's your problem. You will need to clean the wax or rain-x or whatever off of that spot of the windshield so that the sensor can work correctly.

The sensor works by shinning infrared light at the windshield at an angle. It measures how much modulated IR light comes back. Normally, this should be most of it. When a drop of water lands on the windshield in the sensor area, then it causes the IR light to not be reflected by. This sudden change in the amount of reflected IR light triggers the wipers to make a sweep. (It is modulated so that IR from the sun can be filtered out.)

I don't see how the first arrow past the rain sensor bars is not achieving what the complaint is about. It has a traditional wipe, and the double arrow is a faster version. How is this not what you want?

And yea I don't think I saw rain in that video? But +1 for bumping some HU.

No, someone said it has a traditional intermittant wipe by using any of the bars above the 'auto' setting.

That is my complaint. The auto sensing wipers suck, and there is no manual intermittant mode. If there was, it would have come on regardless of water content on the window.

There is a constant mode, slow and fast.

No, someone said it has a traditional intermittant wipe by using any of the bars above the 'auto' setting.

That is my complaint. The auto sensing wipers suck, and there is no manual intermittant mode. If there was, it would have come on regardless of water content on the window.

There is a constant mode, slow and fast.

If they bother you that much as I stated in post #9; disconnect the wire from the sensor and you will have progressively speed sensitive intermittent wipes in the first notches and full on in the last notches.

Members online

Back