Is there a list of the years and options available for the LS?

smdandb2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last hour searching, and most of what I found mostly pertained to the 1st generation cars.

I am wondering if there is a comprehensive list of the year by year changes and packages/options available.

I have an Ultimate with what I think is every option, but I am curious to know what my car MAY be lacking.

Thanks.

On the 2004 LS V8 Ultimate, the only other options available were:

THX Audio/ NAV
HID Headlights
Heated Rear Seats
Side Curtain Airbags
Rear Park Assist

On the 2004 LS V8 Ultimate, the only other options available were:

THX Audio/ NAV
HID Headlights
Heated Rear Seats
Side Curtain Airbags
Rear Park Assist

Thanks.

That covers every option I have.

The manual states there is a satelite radio option IIRC, but I also remember it mentioned it being a dealer installed item. Is this true?

Pretty sure it was a dealer installed option cause I had it and it did not look stock,Well the charger install didn't atleast and it was just mounted with a screw next to the nav which also does not look stock

Thanks.

That covers every option I have.

The manual states there is a satellite radio option IIRC, but I also remember it mentioned it being a dealer installed item. Is this true?

Yes, Sirius Satellite radio was/is a Dealer installed option and no, rain sensing wipers were not available on the LS after 2003.

Yes, Sirius Satellite radio was/is a Dealer installed option and no, rain sensing wipers were not available on the LS after 2003.

I have the rain sensing wipers, and I hate them. Having driven BMWs in the past their rain sensing wipers are lightyears ahead of the LS ones.

In fact, I really wish I did not have them. They are my biggest gripe with the car. I just want a manual intermittant wipe, not some rain sensing crap that barely works.

I have the rain sensing wipers, and I hate them. Having driven BMWs in the past their rain sensing wipers are lightyears ahead of the LS ones.

In fact, I really wish I did not have them. They are my biggest gripe with the car. I just want a manual intermittant wipe, not some rain sensing crap that barely works.

Disconnect the wire from the sensor on the windshield and that will leave you speed sensitive intermittent wipers.

They were available on early 04's.

I just spent the last hour searching, and most of what I found mostly pertained to the 1st generation cars.

I am wondering if there is a comprehensive list of the year by year changes and packages/options available.

I have an Ultimate with what I think is every option, but I am curious to know what my car MAY be lacking.

Thanks.

This site has (or had) a pretty good list of the engineering and options changes from year to year for the LS.
http://www.llsoc.com/
It now requires membership to get to the list, I think.

Maybe this will help?? Sorry I had it in PDF but the file was too big to be uploaded. I had to zip it and then upload.

Attachments

• 2003 LS Major Changes.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 197
Maybe this will help?? Sorry I had it in PDF but the file was too big to be uploaded. I had to zip it and then upload.

Thanks for posting this! Anyone have any idea where the 12 speakers are located? I have the audiophile 6 disc system.

THX!

Thanks for posting this! Anyone have any idea where the 12 speakers are located? I have the audiophile 6 disc system.

THX!

Two in the center console.
Two in each door x four doors.
Two subwoofers in the rear deck.

Two in the center console.
Two in each door x four doors.
Two subwoofers in the rear deck.

Thanks for some reason I thought each door had one speaker not two. Any idea what sizes they are? I believe I read on another post the 2 subwoofers were free air 6x9's is that correct?

Thanks for some reason I thought each door had one speaker not two. Any idea what sizes they are? I believe I read on another post the 2 subwoofers were free air 6x9's is that correct?

I would count them as one each also, but then I'm not in marketing.
I don't know the sizes, but it's a round mid-range speaker and a tweeter in one oval assembly.

the best part of the auto wipers is that you can just have manual intermittent wipers if you want to by just not setting them to auto (the first notch after off is the auto setting)

the four door speaker is a 6x8 component assembly, so if you want to replace them you will either need 6x8 speakers or a 6.5 speaker with an adapter plate.

yes the factory subs are 6x9.

I would count them as one each also, but then I'm not in marketing.
I don't know the sizes, but it's a round mid-range speaker and a tweeter in one oval assembly.

One mid-range and one tweeter sounds like 2 speakers to me :p

But yes they are in one enclosure in a 6x8 opening. I have heard they are the same as the Mach soundsystem speakers in other Fords but have no idea if this is true.

the four door speaker is a 6x8 component assembly, so if you want to replace them you will either need 6x8 speakers or a 6.5 speaker with an adapter plate.

yes the factory subs are 6x9.

Could you tell me where the amp is located while we're at it? Thanks!

Could you tell me where the amp is located while we're at it? Thanks!

Under the rear package shelf is the subwoofer amp.
Under the dash is the center console speakers amp.
If you have THX nav, then the door speakers amp is in the trunk on the left side behind the trim. If you don't have THX, then the door speakers amp is inside the factory head unit.

the best part of the auto wipers is that you can just have manual intermittent wipers if you want to by just not setting them to auto (the first notch after off is the auto setting)

Not true.

At least they arent manual intermittent in the normal sense.

They still come on when they feel like it. Turning it up more seems to only increase the sensitivity of the rain sensor. There is still no logic as to when they come on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back