Is that a VIII intake on this thing?

11s at almost 120 mph in a station wagon! Setup works pretty good, IMHO ! :D

That thing is a sleeper!!! I love it! I'm pretty partial to 60s fords myself. My dads got a '65 Fairlane, with the original 289 HiPo, 4spd car.

it is an odd choice. but not impossible i suppose. i have read about adapters to put 4.6 intakes on 5.4 blocks before.
nevertheless, that sucker will move.

Nice but not all that impressive. I match that with a stock 1993 4.6 with a Vortech at just 8lbs.

Nice but not all that impressive. I match that with a stock 1993 4.6 with a Vortech at just 8lbs.

What I was thinking Don, is your sled weighs at least 1000 lbs more than that wagon, too! :eek: Factory, a '64 Falcon Wagon only weighed in at around 2800 lbs.

That is a Fairlane wagon, full size, full frame. A Falcon, is small/mid size, unibody. Big weight difference between the two.

Actually the Fairlane in that year was on a enlarged version of the Falcon unibody. Same suspension and floorpan just longer wheelbase and wider track. The Falcon was a "compact" car then and the Fairlane was the midsize offering while the Galaxie was Ford's full size car. Only the Galaxie had a full perimeter frame. The Falcon, Fairlane, Comet, Cyclone, Montego, Torino, Cougar, and Mustang shared a platform all the way through the 1960's and early 70's. The old Falcon/Comet unibody introduced in 1960 was very widely used all the way up to about 1980 I think. The Ford Granada, Mercury Monarch, and Lincoln Versailles also used the Falcon unibody.

I stand corrected. (I always thought the Fairlane was a perimeter frame chassis)

Actually the Fairlane in that year was on a enlarged version of the Falcon unibody. Same suspension and floorpan just longer wheelbase and wider track. The Falcon was a "compact" car then and the Fairlane was the midsize offering while the Galaxie was Ford's full size car. Only the Galaxie had a full perimeter frame. The Falcon, Fairlane, Comet, Cyclone, Montego, Torino, Cougar, and Mustang shared a platform all the way through the 1960's and early 70's. The old Falcon/Comet unibody introduced in 1960 was very widely used all the way up to about 1980 I think. The Ford Granada, Mercury Monarch, and Lincoln Versailles also used the Falcon unibody.

No probs. The Fairlane in the 1950's was a BOF car. But in 1962 they went to the brand new Falcon unibody. I know a lot about the 1960's Fords. Don't get me started or I'll talk your ear off:D

Feel free to educate, that’s all information I deem necessary to have. That whole “knowledge is power” thing sounded dumb when we were kids but know I can see where all that knowledge is truly the one thing that will make a difference. So any accurate car knowledge is always relevant!! :)

Gen 1 intake, I think he went that route so he could keep the stock hood steel wheel stock "sleep" look.
Nice car.
Nice color combo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back