Is my Lincoln possessed by satan??

Decided to pony up the money for for a new pump motor and fuel filter.... the fuel check valve is located in the fuel pump assembly correct? (my reasoning is that if I test the fuel pump and something goes wrong it will squirt gas everywhere and i figured it is easier just to pay 12 bucks for the motor portion of the pump assembly)

Well.......it's still broken. So to anyone who is also having this issue....you're screwed. Put in new fuel pump motor and fuel filter. Drained old gas, cleaned tank, put brand new 91 octane in. Still broken. am now attempting to sell it....anyone want a good project car? Its in spectacular condition...it just has the issue of it dying randomly.
20180323_191000.jpg
20180323_191010.jpg
20180324_140632.jpg

Well.......it's still broken. So to anyone who is also having this issue....you're screwed. Put in new fuel pump motor and fuel filter. Drained old gas, cleaned tank, put brand new 91 octane in. Still broken. am now attempting to sell it....anyone want a good project car? Its in spectacular condition...it just has the issue of it dying randomly.
View attachment 828569143 View attachment 828569144 View attachment 828569145
IS THAT LAST PIC YOUR FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY DRAIN CATCH?????? Holy Cow!!! If that's off you fuel pump assembly module you need a whole new fuel pump assembly A-SAP!!!!! It's not a wonder why your car is running like crap and also it's a good idea to take the negative cable off battery for 10 minutes after changing the fuel pump assembly module so to reset REM and PCM this isn't required but I found it resets everything back to factory fuel pressure settings also that's the filter for the fuel pump assembly the actual fuel filter is behind drivers tire underneath the fender splash shield

I replaced the actual fuel filter, and cleaned the the thingy in the pic. I cleaned the fuel pump assembly and replaced the motor. I also disconnected the battery to reset it and the started it and drove it.

I replaced the actual fuel filter, and cleaned the the thingy in the pic. I cleaned the fuel pump assembly and replaced the motor. I also disconnected the battery to reset it and the started it and drove it.
That filter net is so mucked up its beyond usable in my book...I suggest you purchase a new fuel pump assembly module ...Spectra brand out of Canada ...its around $89.00 dollars and is a great fuel pump assembly module...also sounds like you need to change/replace all eight COPs with top of the line COP's and all eight plugs I suggest NGK Spark plugs the COPs are expensive but it's a must to use high end COPs also you can change out the fuel pressure sensor ...if you think this is all for not ...than the last resort would be take it into a shop and have them hook it up to a code reader and see what codes it's throwing out upon dying after being warmed up or at operating temp

Members online

Back