Interior lights dont turn on

figs

LVC Member
Reaction score
Title says it all.. the dome/map/door lights dont turn on at all.. ive checked and changed fuses even though they werent blown and changed the light bulbs. Im guessing the headlight switch may be bad as thats what Ive found out relays the connections. Any thoughts on this? Plus how do I go about replacing that?

Sorry if I missed something in the search, I tried google and our site in multiple combinations of the word just no luck.

I would check the door switches also. The black plunger ones near the hinge locations.

If he is pulling up on the handle, they should come on without the door opening. Mine was working but if I opened the door, they would eventually go off after their time out period. I could push the little pin in and the lights would come on lol. It can't hurt to replace the switches and you could do both within 5 minutes if you walk out with a 15mm socket and ratchet in hand. Nothing to it. I messed up on the price. It was $7.45 for one and it is Motorcraft. I had it in 2 days.

With doors locked and pulling up on the handle, the lights should come on. Pressing unlock on the remote should turn them on. If not, I would say a relay for them has went bad but don't quote me on that.

If he is pulling up on the handle, they should come on without the door opening. Mine was working but if I opened the door, they would eventually go off after their time out period. I could push the little pin in and the lights would come on lol. It can't hurt to replace the switches and you could do both within 5 minutes if you walk out with a 15mm socket and ratchet in hand. Nothing to it. I messed up on the price. It was $7.45 for one and it is Motorcraft. I had it in 2 days.

With doors locked and pulling up on the handle, the lights should come on. Pressing unlock on the remote should turn them on. If not, I would say a relay for them has went bad but don't quote me on that.

the interior lights dont come on at all... if i hit the on button, if i pull the handle, if i open the door.. nothing.

Then your light module is probably bad...or every single one of the bulbs are bad...

Members online

Back