Interior detailing question

kaha

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a leather restoration product made for black leather that'll darken up those tiny scratchmarks (probably from the previous owners canine copilot)?
Next sunny weekend I want to pull the seats, repair the trim strip at the bottom of the drivers seat, cherry out the leather, and give the carpeting and floormats a good scrubbing.

Also, what do you guys recommend to to use on the plastic parts (dash, door panels, etc) ?

Black Magic for dash and doors. Meguiars is a close second.

I think the company is Lexol that puts out leather cleaner and conditioner products and its great...as for color filling leather...not sure.

Black Magic? Seriously? I guess so if you like a slimy interior and a cleaning product that is sure to crack and dry out the leather.

Meguires is the chit. They make a great wipe for the doors and dash and their leather conditioner makes the leather oh so supple. For the cracks the only think I have tried that worked ok (besides a pro re-dye) is a Sharpie on the cracks.

If you use Meguires leather conditioner once or twice a year and then on days you clean the interior use their leather wipes then the leather will stay soft and last much longer. The conditioner goes on like wax and the wipes.... well you just wipe and let dry. :)

Thanks for the responses! :)

Cool, I seem to recall Meguires being mentioned before, I'll have to get some of that. And I'll use the black sharpie idea; it's only really visible on the passenger seat, and they're just small scratches. But they bug me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back