Interesting

Nothing wrong with a base! You're going to put gears and exhaust in anyway :)

underhood has been painted. you can see white overspray on both hood bumpers.

Why would you take the time to remove all the wires and covers on the firewall and shock towers to paint under the hood white on a grey car? That doesn't make sense..id say the car was white originally and was probably partially repainted in white again at some point which explains the hood bumpers with overspray...and then finally sprayed midnight grey..god knows how many layers of paint are on that car..

Why would you take the time to remove all the wires and covers on the firewall and shock towers to paint under the hood white on a grey car? That doesn't make sense..id say the car was white originally and was probably partially repainted in white again at some point which explains the hood bumpers with overspray...and then finally sprayed midnight grey..god knows how many layers of paint are on that car..

they sprayed the car grey but not the front grille? unlikely..

the door hinges and everything are all sprayed.
they skipped underhood but pulled the doors off to do in the hinge area? also unlikely...

I am not so sure that under hood is white. It looks more like a washed out cell phone pic.

I still say repainted grey on an originally white car, no sticker in the passenger side door jamb where it should be (the tire size and inflation pressure sticker)..they probably repainted the car and the guy decided later to paint the Chrome trim, or someone did. You don't need to remove the doors and trunk to paint it, it's easier to paint the door jambs and trunk jambs than to remove all that crap on the firewall and shock towers to paint it..white? Why? Just doesn't make sense, plus all the original stickers are on the shock towers too.

I still say repainted grey on an originally white car, no sticker in the passenger side door jamb where it should be (the tire size and inflation pressure sticker)..they probably repainted the car and the guy decided later to paint the Chrome trim, or someone did. You don't need to remove the doors and trunk to paint it, it's easier to paint the door jambs and trunk jambs than to remove all that crap on the firewall and shock towers to paint it..white? Why? Just doesn't make sense, plus all the original stickers are on the shock towers too.

Someone should contact him for better pics. In both pics, part of the header panel looks just as washed out.

Yea just sh*tty pics I doubt he intentionally did this, I don't really care one way or another..I just like doing detective work on used cars lol..trying to figure out if its been in an accident or repainted etc. I'm usually pretty good at pointing out factory vs repainted cars or spot painted or finding body work etc. A friend of mine was looking at a G35 that he eventually bought..guy had it on a lift and claimed it was never in an accident and blah blah blah, all it took was me seeing a non factory seam around the wheel lip where there should have been pinch welds but there weren't. Then he came out and said Ohh ya I forgot I was rear ended before but it wasn't bad..got him to knock some off the price though.

I sent him a request for more pics and asked him if the car has been painted. I will respond when he does.

Dear chris,

Hello....The original color is silver and was repainted to the dark gray (pewter) metallic. The only thing that is not painted is in inner wheel wells. My camera made it look white. The repaint on this car has all door jams, trunk & under hood and trim, very professionally done. The Pewter is awesome! thank you for asking, Rich

- rlsfordnut

that's what i got. so it was in fact painted. but the repaint looks good. it wouldn't bother me too much.

Chris are you thinking about joining the 2nd gen ranks?

well i would like a lower mileage 2nd gen to DD. i'll probably pick one up after i get out of college.

i like driving 2nd gens, i've put some decent mileage on a 97. but it just doesn't feel as exciting as my 93 somehow.

That car in question looks good no doubt, I assume they did a good job on the repaint, if you do get a 2nd gen you should just transfer all your mods over to it, I think that car would look sweet with your 03/04 cobra rims on it and lowered.

Chris, my white 97 cross gen is probably going up for sale soon. Let me know if your interested. 112 or 113,000 miles, can't remember as I haven't driven it in 2 months. Has some issues to be addressed, so would sell for a reasonable price if someone else wants to fix them. Needs blend door actuator fixed, oil filter adapter gasket started leaking when it got cold out. Right front air shock started leaking down in the cold weather. On the plus side it still has the 4.30 gears in it and was painted in Nov. 2011. Pm me if your interested. If not, no big deal, I'll fix the issues and sell it in a couple of months. I think I'm going to keep the 98 black on black for myself.

well i would like a lower mileage 2nd gen to DD. i'll probably pick one up after i get out of college.

i like driving 2nd gens, i've put some decent mileage on a 97. but it just doesn't feel as exciting as my 93 somehow.

Throw a tune on it and it'll be a lot closer... 93s are just bad ass out of the box, you know this...MAN!

questionable

Looking at the pics u can tell the trunk lid is crooked and from the new paint i would think either poor restore or major accident took place. Looks like aftermarket tell lights as well. But no complaints clean looking but i have my questions on it.
Only thing to say is roadtrip maybe

Looking at the pics u can tell the trunk lid is crooked and from the new paint i would think either poor restore or major accident took place. Looks like aftermarket tell lights as well. But no complaints clean looking but i have my questions on it.
Only thing to say is roadtrip maybe

there are no aftermarket tail lights. so they are just ford base model tail lights.

Throw a tune on it and it'll be a lot closer... 93s are just bad ass out of the box, you know this...MAN!

lol yes i know that. but i've never driven a tuned 2nd gen. i need to.

Chris, my white 97 cross gen is probably going up for sale soon. Let me know if your interested. 112 or 113,000 miles, can't remember as I haven't driven it in 2 months. Has some issues to be addressed, so would sell for a reasonable price if someone else wants to fix them. Needs blend door actuator fixed, oil filter adapter gasket started leaking when it got cold out. Right front air shock started leaking down in the cold weather. On the plus side it still has the 4.30 gears in it and was painted in Nov. 2011. Pm me if your interested. If not, no big deal, I'll fix the issues and sell it in a couple of months. I think I'm going to keep the 98 black on black for myself.

Roger that's not a bad idea. i do like that car.

Yes Chris. Yes you do. Unfortunately I think it would still be less than impressive if it still has a stock intake. The Gen1s breathe so much better. :(

I have a 96 Cobra intake. I just want to install it because it looks so much better than the stock intake. Would I need to have a tune if it was installed? There would no other mods done. The car gets driven easy on weekends only. I won't be racing it. All show no go!

Members online

Back