Interest in Group Buy for !st Gen Shifter Boot Cover

I guess im leaning more toward the original design.... I'm just afraid the "around the bottom of knob" wont hold well enough... I guess he could send you the prototype with it "mounted high" and change it back if you (we) dont like it

I'm going with a B&M hammer shifter but keep me on the yes list. I'll make it work somehow :)

YES! This is still happening, Pure Evil has received the final design and is working on getting it installed and some pics up (He's just as busy as I at the moment). Once he post pics, we'll get a new members list going, and I'll get a price and options!!!

Stay Tuned

We'll start with 1st Gen, but if someone wants to work with us, we can give it a try

We'll start with 1st Gen, but if someone wants to work with us, we can give it a try

Finding a way to mount it could prove interesting....... It's raised, not recessed......

3869800013_large.jpg

3982a8f464_640.jpg

3982a8f464_640.jpg

3869800013_large.jpg

...but not impossible.

If anyones interested let me know. The guy (company) is obsessed with perfection. if its possible, He'll figure out a way

...but not impossible.

If anyone's interested let me know. The guy (company) is obsessed with perfection. if its possible, He'll figure out a way

Having had the surrounding trim piece off many times I can tell you mounting to the bottom of said piece will probably have to be permanent. That piece is no where near the shape or thickness of the 1st gen console top. Where the top of the shifter assembly on the 1st gen sits under the console top, the 2nd gen protrudes through the trim piece (what would be the 1st gen console top). That black piece around the raised shifter is just to fill the gap.

mgHpKe8ZC-FAQGW1vAZAtVQ.jpg

mgHpKe8ZC-FAQGW1vAZAtVQ.jpg

You can just cut out a square and leave maybe a .5" lip to attach the leather. You can paint it a different color or leave it as is or put some kind of cover around it. Does not seem difficult at all, it will be different than gen1's but not hard at all. If people don't want to cut their own out, its small enough to fit in my pressure pot so I can make a mold out of a modified/cut one for gen2's for g-rell to distribute

oh and I still want one g-rell. I'll make it fit

You can just cut out a square and leave maybe a .5" lip to attach the leather. You can paint it a different color or leave it as is or put some kind of cover around it. Does not seem difficult at all, it will be different than gen1's but not hard at all. If people don't want to cut their own out, its small enough to fit in my pressure pot so I can make a mold out of a modified/cut one for gen2's for g-rell to distribute

Are you talking just covering the stock piece with leather? That shouldn't be too difficult.....

Are you talking just covering the stock piece with leather? That shouldn't be too difficult.....

Yeah, using the stock surround/bezel, whatever its called, just cutting out the center similar to the gen1.

Members online

Back