Interest in Group Buy for !st Gen Shifter Boot Cover

G-RELL

FULLY DIPPED LS
Reaction score
I'm talking with Redlinegoods on putting together a group buy for a their 1st gen boot cover similar to what Dan Ro put on his....

IMG_20130411_104616-1_zps1495960a.gif

IMG_20130411_104607-1_zpse9630129.gif

IMG_20130411_104552-1_zps7a4a7b49.gif

It looks like they have plenty of colors to choose from..

http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.php

Just need to get an idea on who might be interested. I dont have a price yet, but i'd imagine it will be in the $30-$50 range. I will have a better idea if I can give them a number interested! We will do this one pretty quick, and I dont plan on doing a second round unless we really need to. It will be handled through paypal, so once we're ready I'll collect names and accounts. I'd like to order within the next week or so, so let me know who's interested

... I spoke with someone at the company, and they said another member is currently working with them on a new boot that might fit a little better (I have that member's name) If you could, please PM so we can get together to get this group buy worked out. :D

Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm in. Dont care about price. I would be nice if the shifter hole was a bit smaller. Black for sure...like your uuhhh...roof spoiler

Those look good. I'm in, I don't know if I will end up leaving it on because I like the way my shifter looks as is, but I'll get one.

Ditto... seems the vinyl piece in my shifter wasn't set back in right after the headunit went in so its damaged... ill take it in black even though my interior is tan... im thinking about painting the wood pieces black to match.

Gotta ya guys down, I'll get more info and maybe start a new thread the closer we get... Keep em coming!

Those look good. I'm in, I don't know if I will end up leaving it on because I like the way my shifter looks as is, but I'll get one.

These are designed for a first gen, shifters a bit different, still wanna try? It should still work, but may get some measurments from you and send them off, just in case.
your call

looks like the final templates are in to Redline! hopefully the "prototype" will be sent back soon so we can post up some pictures! If anyone else is interested, please let me know. so far I have:

G-rell
Hite337
oddball
prophaci
2000lsv8
alex- Let know if your still interested

Rollin, let me know if your down too.

We dont have a minimum needed, but the more we get, the cheaper it will be.

Thanks...I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm still in.I'll buy an extra surround and cut out stuff to make it work, no biggie.

Thanks for the correction. ... its not for everyone, but It seems to clean up the interior a bit. .. well see. For this price. Its worth it.

UPDATE!!

so Pure Evil is finishing up the fitments/prototype with the company and should have it to him shortly. But the company had a sugestion and we wanted to know what you guys thought.

He had asked:
"I think we need to mount the shift boot where the silver strip is on the shift knob. Could you please send me the measurement of the circumference of that part? I’d finish the collar of the boot with elastic so that it holds that point snugly by itself. What do you think?"

Pic for reference:
IMG_20130411_104616-1_zps1495960a.jpg

If we cover the silver part, it sounds like he can make it with elastic so you would not need to remove the shift nob to install. If you want to keep the silver part (as pictured above) then it will most likely need to come off.. its not difficult, we just wanted to see ascetically, what you guys preferred.
Let me know

Thanks

IMG_20130411_104616-1_zps1495960a.jpg

That collar covers the bolts that hold on the shift knob. The fit between the knob and collar is quite tight. Personally, I would go a little lower and expose a little more of the shifter.

Ugh ... since my last NJ visit I really don't want to see anymore knobs.
blue.gif

That collar covers the bolts that hold on the shift knob. The fit between the knob and collar is quite tight. Personally, I would go a little lower and expose a little more of the shifter.

Correct, I think he's offering for it to come up (over the ring) toward the knob itself... Are you saying you want to see more of the shifter shaft, or leave it like its pictured above?

Post #793 in the Waiting Room.

I'm scared!

But back on topic...I'm at work right now and I will have to see how I think it would look in person.

I know it's easy to take the knob off...I have a spare one on my desk, that's how I have them the measurements of it.....but how hard is it to put it back on? Slip on and tighten the screws up?

Correct, I think he's offering for it to come up (over the ring) toward the knob itself... Are you saying you want to see more of the shifter shaft, or leave it like its pictured above?

Yup..... A little more of the shifter shaft.

Ok folks....sending out one last call for opinion on this shifter boot final layout.

I think it should mount where that chrome strip is on the collar. I would like to see nothing but shift knob and boot. But I'll buy one either way

We will post pics of the new boot design when it comes in.... should be soon!!!!

I'll take whichever.
If it's retained with elastic around the chrome trim, I would expect problems. It's quite smooth, there's not much of an indentation, and the whole thing slims down. So I would expect if to slip right down to the shaft.

Also, I have a spare non-sport shifter if they would like one in-house to test fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back