Insurance?

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
just curious, how much do you guys pay for insurance?
i take it all of you are males?

what year/engine?
Your age & what state you live in?
driving record?
deductible?

my car is a 2000 v6, and i'm a female under 25 with 1 speeding ticket in july 2002. live in Illinois. so its decent...
i've been paying $865/6 months, and its time to renew, so i made a few phone calls looking for a lower price & i got quoted $645 for 6 months! YAY!! :)
since i got the car in 03, i've always had full coverage with a $1000 deductible to keep the rates low.

even $645/6 months doesnt seem so great... i just wanted to see what everyone else pays for this car.

I live in Fla
To old 49
driving record, clean right now
$500 deductable
I pay $379.00 every 6 months.
USAA Insurance

Fordman said:
I live in Fla
To old 49
driving record, clean right now
$500 deductable
I pay $379.00 every 6 months.
USAA Insurance

I have the same insurer. nice club to be in! What branch were you in? we pay about what she is paying but it is for two vehicles multiple drivers.

eL eS said:
I have the same insurer. nice club to be in! What branch were you in? we pay about what she is paying but it is for two vehicles multiple drivers.
I got lucky and just missed Vietnam ,yeah so I didn't go into the service. i was Grandfathered in. Yes USAA is the best.

Male
28 yo.
not a perfect driving record.
full coverage, $1000 ded.
PEMCO, I paid $550/6mo.

1 accident (my fault) + ticket for running red light
Got kicked out from PEMCO.
same coverage.
Progressive, Im paying $1200/6mo. (ouch!)

I have 2002 LSE 3.9L V8

30 yo female
2004 V8 LS
Washington State
Clean driving record
$430/6 months - $250 Deductible
Safeco Insurance

HtRdLcn said:
30 yo female
2004 V8 LS
Washington State
Clean driving record
$430/6 months - $250 Deductible
Safeco Insurance

where in WA?
Im in seattle.
I got in an accident right in front of space needle.

loveLSE said:
where in WA?
Im in seattle.
I got in an accident right in front of space needle.

I am about 65 miles north of Seattle in Skagit County.
I see we are getting our rain back today......
...might have to see how good that traction control works

:Beer

25 yo Male
2002 LS V8 - JUST GOT IT !!
"NW Indiana" but I work/live mostly in Michigan
currently: $525 or so/6 mo $500 deductable
after Oct. (when I'm to be wed): $394/6 mo.
State Farm

I got 2 tickets within a year and had to take an online driving school. My rates are cheap because I'm still on my family's plan (with about 6 vehicles) and I think they have homeowners insurance through them too. It's a good idea to shop around, but if you can't beat 'em join up with them to get a multi-coverage policy set up.

Post #1 !!

31ish yr old male
04 LSE v8
Live in SW suburb of Chicago, IL
$500 deductible/full coverage w/ Triple A (AAA) insurance
Multicar/House policy, low mileage discount
Accidents (other drivers' faults) and Tickets - both are killing me....
$420 every six months

blk04lse said:
31ish yr old male
04 LSE v8
Live in SW suburb of Chicago, IL
$500 deductible/full coverage w/ Triple A (AAA) insurance
Multicar/House policy, low mileage discount
Accidents (other drivers' faults) and Tickets - both are killing me....
$420 every six months

what sw suburb of Chicago do you live in? i live in hoffman, a nw suburb... small world! maybe i've seen you around! :)

I have three cars on my insurance policy, 2001 Lincoln LSE, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and a 1991 Nissan Sentra. I pay $900 every six months for all three vehicles. I have a $500 deductible on each vehicle other than the Sentra. It only has liability on it since my daughter drives it. Oh yeah, I'm 36 and the wife is 35 so married drivers get a little better deal on insurance than you single folks! So, see...marriage does have its privileges! :N

27/Male/ Divorced<-- they hate that too
Real bad driving record DUI 3 years ago
100 deductible comp/ 500 collision
for a 2000 lincoln ls sport
305$ every 6 months
geico/ with multi car discount
7 cars and trucks

Plainfield... yes, married does have perks w/ insurance discounts, but for some reason we tend to owe at income tax time..... grrr....

20 year old male
Florida
driving record little smudged but 3 years ago
full coverage
500 deductible
i pay 400$ a month
progressive
and that was the cheapest!!!!! sad to so i paid more when i had a 2002 s10

SilverLS said:
20 year old male
Florida
full coverage
500 deductible
i pay 400$ a month
progressive

5 years and you will see a big price break. Hang in there. You would probably get at break if you had a 1000 dollar deductible you should call and ask. The money you save could make the deductible in teh first year.

blk04lse said:
Plainfield... yes, married does have perks w/ insurance discounts, but for some reason we tend to owe at income tax time..... grrr....
Grrr, plainfield... The f'ing FBI thinks I got arrested there and it has screwed me out of more jobs than I can think about without getting homicidal.

CaptainZilog said:
Grrr, plainfield... The f'ing FBI thinks I got arrested there and it has screwed me out of more jobs than I can think about without getting homicidal.

the female body insectors have accused you of doing something wrong but you haven't j/k. Was your identity stolen?

Insurance

Male 62
Retired rate
Lake Murray, SC
Good driving record
Full coverage
$500 deductible
$242/6 months
Allstate
1 car, 2 trucks, 2 boats and 1 house

Discounts on LS
55 and Retired $19.65
Antilock Brakes $14.57
New Car $19.65
Multipel Policy $15.38
Premier Plus $45.66

SilverLS said:
20 year old male
Florida
full coverage
500 deductible
i pay 400$ a month
progressive

GOOD LORDY!!!!! 400$ A mONTH!!! thats insanity!!! i wouldnt be driving this car if my insurance was that much!!!!

yeah, if you had a $1000 deductible, you'd save over $75 a month, but i would only do that if your NOT accident prone, it will save you tons in the long run, but if you're very accident-prone, stick with the lower deductible.
yikes, i was starting to think i had one of the highest insurance rates on this thread till i read yours!! if it makes you feel better, reading that made ME feel better!!!
sorry, ill stop now. ;)

Pete 2004 LS V-6 said:
Male 62
Retired rate
Lake Murray, SC
Good driving record
Full coverage
$500 deductible
$242/6 months
Allstate
1 car, 2 trucks, 2 boats and 1 house

Discounts on LS
55 and Retired $19.65
Antilock Brakes $14.57
New Car $19.65
Multipel Policy $15.38
Premier Plus $45.66

I tyhink I dove on lake murray. we were looking for some wwII bombers.

If you can keep a clean drining record in SC you must be a damn good driver or great at eluding the law. Or know some folks in law enforcement.

Lake Murray

eL eS said:
I tyhink I dove on lake murray. we were looking for some wwII bombers.

If you can keep a clean drining record in SC you must be a damn good driver or great at eluding the law. Or know some folks in law enforcement.

Just lucky on driving record.

Yes there are some B-25s in the lake. The Army Air Corp used one of the islands on the lake for bomber training durning ww-II. They had some Navy divers here a while back and they located one. They are going to bring it up and restore it. It will be on display at Patrriots Point Naval Museum in Charleston. Dolittle,s Raiders that bombed Tokyo not too long after Pearl Harbor trained on the lake. Why were you diving on the lake?

Male, single, 35
Central Oklahoma
'04 Sport V8
State Farm
Full coverage, 50/100/50 limits, $500 deductible
~$425/6 mos
Multi-line/multi-policy discounts (four other cars + homeowner). No accident-free discount yet, since it's a new policy (my other policies have accident-free).

I've never had a collision with another vehicle that was my fault, and I haven't had a ticket--well, unless you count the University's proclivity for assigning random unpaid parking tickets to me for no apparent reason--since I traded my '89 T-Bird SC for an SHO. Of course, that probably has more to do with the fact that I don't drive nearly as fast as I did in the 'Bird (did you know that you can set the cruise control in one, and it will keep a 120mph speedo pegged?) ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back