Insurance costs

Austin Hull

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm curious any younger guys here have full coverage?

Curious around what your paying.

Not really young, at 42. I got progressive full coverage with additional to cover added on stuff. Runs me around $720.00 a year.

Not that young either (34), but when I had my LS insured through State Farm I paid a little over $500 every six months.

$310/month for LS, Fusion, and Civic. The LS costs me $168/month alone. I have 6 points though and I'm 26.

Hmm... Is my age then? I'm 23 100% clean driving record and for good coverage 500 deductibles.
Cheapest I can find is 220 a month. The average place though wants about 280.
Lol and some place tried to do it for 450.

Not entirely sure where the line for "full" is drawn, but I have Liability, comprhensive, collision, personal injury, and uninsured insurance.

22 male, one ticket 3+ years ago, ~250/mo, ~1500/6mo, ~3000/year.

:(

23, nationwide full coverage , only $79/month for '05 lsv8...what did u guys do to get that high?

Some bull**** I say.

Comp/collision/PIP are what make my LS more expensive than my Dakota.

image.jpg

image.jpg

i'm not young nor do i have an ls , im 53 2000 conti 134000 miles full coverage 250.$ ded. with auto club thru state farm 60.00 a month not tickets in 20 yrs

23, nationwide full coverage , only $79/month for '05 lsv8...what did u guys do to get that high?

I have 100% clean record. Never got anything while in a car or riding my bike.

Nationwide and pretty much any other big name was around 300 a month.

LS4me
Don't forget you're insuring a luxury car.......

I don't forget its 10f everyday I wake up and set the ass toaster to 3 ... on the way to work.

Not entirely sure where the line for "full" is drawn, but I have Liability, comprehensive, collision, personal injury, and uninsured insurance.

22 male, one ticket 3+ years ago, ~250/mo, ~1500/6mo, ~3000/year.

Yeah pretty much how mine is, though I found 2 places that will do it under 250. Safeauto and farm bureau.

I figured this was the case though being age and such.

People tend to forget your credit plays a factor in determining insurance rates.

People tend to forget your credit plays a factor in determining insurance rates.
As does your location.

And even more so, your deductible.

I have 100/300k limits on my liability coverage and 1000 deductibles to reduce the cost. I'm at about $550/year on the 06 LS and about the same on the wife's 04 Tiburon.

03 V8 sport, 33y old, full coverage, progressive, great credit, $500 deductible, no tickets or accidents in at least 8 years, extra insurance for $2k worth of aftermarket stereo BS, $114 a month.

also Michigan no fault...

not only does it change a lot from state to state, but two years ago when I moved one county over (less that a 10 drive) my insurance dropped almost $100 per every 6 mo! and then a couple of months later when I added my wife to my car who has had an accident less than a year earlier(at the time) it went back up $20 every 6 mo.

when I bought my 00 V6 back in 05, I had a few speeding tickets... was roughly paying $250 for the car loan and $250 for the insurance.

the safety of this car also helps to keep the cost fairly low, a few years ago, I was looking at buying a 2dr neon RT (not to be confused with the actual kinda fast SRT...) only because it was a few hundred dollars and I just wanted a POS beater to drive in the winter and back and forth to work to save on fuel, they told me my insurance would double just to have PLPD (state minimum)!!! I asked what the hell was it so high for, the lady told me it was because the neon was basically one of the least safest cars out there and because of the way our state works with insurance paying medical bills for life if your seriously injured and its needed, the chances of such treatment would probably be needed if I got into an accident in a neon.

the safety of this car also helps to keep the cost fairly low, a few years ago, I was looking at buying a 2dr neon RT (not to be confused with the actual kinda fast SRT...) only because it was a few hundred dollars and I just wanted a POS beater to drive in the winter and back and forth to work to save on fuel, they told me my insurance would double just to have PLPD (state minimum)!!! I asked what the hell was it so high for, the lady told me it was because the neon was basically one of the least safest cars out there and because of the way our state works with insurance paying medical bills for life if your seriously injured and its needed, the chances of such treatment would probably be needed if I got into an accident in a neon.

Oh thats interesting post. Thanks.

34y, full coverage with 500 deductible, runs me $250/mo to insure an '06 LS and '11 Escape. Insurance is rather high in the area I'm in but last at-fault accident was a little over 3 years now so I'm expecting it to creep back down. Prior to that I was paying $98/mo for just the LS. The LS is around $140 or that $250/mo premium

I'm curious any younger guys here have full coverage?

Curious around what your paying.
It varies greatly based on where you live, but where I do this particular car is dirt cheap to insure. For comparison, this car is cheaper to get comp/collision on than a newer economy car was to get just liability. This was /after/ an accident in the formed car. The insurance company upped my coverage and sent me a refund check, I kid you not.

33, at-fault accident in November that the company paid out on, '00 LS. $658/year with a $100 comp and $500 collision deductible. I live in an area with ludicrously-high car insurance rates. I used to pay <$300 a year for liability on my old car (I think that with the end-of-year rebate my best year was ~$250) and it jumped to over $750 (don't recall the exact number, but it was a complete shock) when I moved here.

When I was 17-19 (1999-2001), I paid $250 a month for a car that wasn't all that impressive (more than the car payment, in fact). After that my parents realized I could be trusted, they added me to their insurance and I just paid them the difference, but I can't recall what that was anymore (I know it wasn't that much, relatively-speaking). When I got my own plan again just before turning 26, my insurance rates had dropped considerably. Down in SoCal my econo car that I picked up for peanuts was also peanuts to insure, at $350 a year or less (liability, because, let's face it, if I wrecked a $2k car, I just cry a little and buy a new one). It was down to about $300 a year by the first renewal. This was through the SoCal AAA Inter-Insurance Exchange, which is easily the best insurance available down there (cheap, great service, and with a crappy car, having free tows, unlocks, and battery changes anywhere I happened to be parked were well worth it).

It varies greatly based on where you live, but where I do this particular car is dirt cheap to insure. For comparison, this car is cheaper to get comp/collision on than a newer economy car was to get just liability. This was /after/ an accident in the formed car. The insurance company upped my coverage and sent me a refund check, I kid you not.

33, at-fault accident in November that the company paid out on, '00 LS. $658/year with a $100 comp and $500 collision deductible. I live in an area with ludicrously-high car insurance rates. I used to pay <$300 a year for liability on my old car (I think that with the end-of-year rebate my best year was ~$250) and it jumped to over $750 (don't recall the exact number, but it was a complete shock) when I moved here.

When I was 17-19 (1999-2001), I paid $250 a month for a car that wasn't all that impressive (more than the car payment, in fact). After that my parents realized I could be trusted, they added me to their insurance and I just paid them the difference, but I can't recall what that was anymore (I know it wasn't that much, relatively-speaking). When I got my own plan again just before turning 26, my insurance rates had dropped considerably. Down in SoCal my econo car that I picked up for peanuts was also peanuts to insure, at $350 a year or less (liability, because, let's face it, if I wrecked a $2k car, I just cry a little and buy a new one). It was down to about $300 a year by the first renewal. This was through the SoCal AAA Inter-Insurance Exchange, which is easily the best insurance available down there (cheap, great service, and with a crappy car, having free tows, unlocks, and battery changes anywhere I happened to be parked were well worth it).

The econobox being more expensive to insure is not a surprise on full coverage, because they are also covering your hospital bill.

My own comes in at about 750 every 6 months, full coverage on a 2000 Silverado and a 2003 Lincoln LS. No accidents in the last 5 years that were my fault, no tickets, wife and I are in our mid 40s. The premium is pricey because I'm covered for the maximums, not the minimums. My med pay coverage is good enough to cover organ replacement if needed. And, nice thing about Oklahoma is the coverage multiplies by the number of vehicles you have covered. Get a million in coverage and have 5 cars, you are covered for 5 million. If I were covered at the minimums for full coverage I'd be paying about 350 for both every 6 months, and liability only would be about 150 for both every 6 months.

The econobox being more expensive to insure is not a surprise on full coverage, because they are also covering your hospital bill.
That was just for liability after moving here. I couldn't fathom the cost of full coverage with liability that high.

Weird if that's liability only.

when you're talking about a small cheap less than super safe car, the liability is the part thats gonna end up costing the insurance company in the long run...

say you have a brand new state of the art luxury car with 20 airbags that cost $50, you total it out but walk away with a slight bag burn on your face. the company cuts the check and you buy a new car. company is out $47k...

now you take that same accident but this time you're in a 96 neon, with one airbag, crumple zones the thickness of a popsicle stick, and no anti lock brakes... this this time the insurance company has to write a check to replace the $1300 car, but they also have to pay for a few hundred thousand dollars for medical bills and surgeries because you broke your legs and back...

Members online

No members online now.
Back