Instrument Panel

doncorleone77

LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I get inside the instrument panel of my 2000 LSV8?
Do I have to take the whole dash board out or something?

Be very careful here. If you remove the cluster with the battery hooked up...or maybe it's vice versa...you could end up in a situation where you have to have the car towed to a dealer and have PATS reprogrammed. You may want to PM Quik with this...or do some searching. I know for a fact there have been issues removing the cluster the wrong way and cars have had to be towed.

Is this also true if you just want to change your gage background to a different color?

correct - disconnect the battery first or you could trip your tamper.

and yes - you have to :
- pull out all the under dash covers
- drop you steering colunm
- remove the cluster out of the car
- remove the plastic cluster lens

it's not hard but time consuming - pm me your e-mail and I'll send you the instructions

Can you post the instrustions? Or put them in the tech articles? I have a rattle under my dashboard that has been there since the last dealership worked on my car, over a year ago. Its really only noticeable during freeway driving, but it gets annoying.
Thanks.

can someone please help me I was messing around with my cluster and now my car wont start...... any suggestions???

can someone please help me I was messing around with my cluster and now my car wont start...... any suggestions???

Oh man, I think you're hosed! If you're car isn't starting, its likely the PATS system got fried and will have to be replaced.

Members online

Back