Installing Springs

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Who on here has installed new springs on their LS? I just got my SpringTech springs in the mail but there are no instructions or anything. Somebody said something about renting a spring compressor, is that necessary? Is it worth it to do this on my own or pay to have them put on?

let the pro's do it becasue you will need a wheel alignment after they are on. Might as well give them the business that way you can hold someone, other than yourself, accountable.

:I it was less than $100 more to let the alignment shop also install the springs.

You dont need a compressor at all. Just unbolt the top nut on the spring and loosen the top mount of the control arm and just lift with a jack, there is PLENTY of travel for the spring to come out completely

On my '03 sport tuned suspension i had to use a spring compressor, there is no way i would have done it without one. Well maybe if i had like 2 other people to push done on the spring for me. I didnt have to use a spring compressor to get them off the car just to remove the old spring and install the new spring.

If you can find a shop to do for $100 go for it, but its not that difficult.

Good Luck!

dc

Members online

Back