inglorious bastards

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so i got the Inglorious Bastards (three copies) for Christmas, it took me a while to figure out who this was, he was in only one scene. Let's see if you can figure it out

Inglourious_Basterds_Still.jpg

I so want to see that movie. Was gonna buy it on blue ray this week but decided I want to see District 9 more.

I so want to see that movie. Was gonna buy it on blue ray this week but decided I want to see District 9 more.

I want to see Iglorious Bastards, I rented Discrict 9 and was higly dissapointed, glad I used the RedBox 1 dollar rental.

inglorious basterds facking sucked, the movie went so slow. can someone refund me for the 2 and a half hours this movie wasted for me?

inglorious basterds facking sucked, the movie went so slow. can someone refund me for the 2 and a half hours this movie wasted for me?

if you went to a Tarantino movie and expected non stop action and guns a blazin' throughout the entire movie the only one to blame is yourself... not the movie

of course there is kill bill... but even that had slow parts and still focused a lot on dialogue

the only people that think the movie sucked are the people that went to the movie knowing full well what Tarantino is all about, and then disregarding that and hoping by some miracle this movie would be any different than the rest of his flock

oddly enough.... his movies make you think, pay attention and use your head. A large task for most nowadays so I can see why a large portion of society would find it a bad movie just because of it's pace... including yourself

if you went to a Tarantino movie and expected non stop action and guns a blazin' throughout the entire movie the only one to blame is yourself... not the movie

of course there is kill bill... but even that had slow parts and still focused a lot on dialogue

the only people that think the movie sucked are the people that went to the movie knowing full well what Tarantino is all about, and then disregarding that and hoping by some miracle this movie would be any different than the rest of his flock

oddly enough.... his movies make you think, pay attention and use your head. A large task for most nowadays so I can see why a large portion of society would find it a bad movie just because of it's pace... including yourself

rawr slow down there buddy what do you expect im 17 years old i dont really give a sh!t about how the nazi/jew crap went down i was just looking for a good movie to watch.

amen brother! people that think good movies suck deserve an @ss woopin for not using their head in a movie. For instance I went to Avatar with some friends and when we came out some of them were asking "so what was the plot, is there going to be a sequel?" And I rolled my eyes

Well besides the kraken that looked like a shrimp in an aquarium and the other horrible effects............ well I guess that would be why.

amen brother! people that think good movies suck deserve an @ss woopin for not using their head in a movie. For instance I went to Avatar with some friends and when we came out some of them were asking "so what was the plot, is there going to be a sequel?" And I rolled my eyes

watching avatar just makes you feel like being an ash hole for being a human being... that and district 9, although at the end of district 9 there "MAY" be a little redemption in that feeling, depending on your outlook

with Avatar it's just like "AMERICA F*CK YEAH!!! BOOM!!!! HOWS IT FEEL TO BE A LESSER RACE A$$HOLES?!?! WHATEVA WHATEVA WE DO WHAT WE WANT!"

xD

Well besides the kraken that looked like a shrimp in an aquarium and the other horrible effects............ well I guess that would be why.

correct, they pretty much had the original story down good with the 1980's version... I see no reason to alter a plot that was written in the pages of greek mythology, the 1980's version even altered it a ton, but certain tweaks are dealable when it doesn't shy away from the main plot line

I just remember watching the 1980's version as a kid over and over and hiding behind the couch from medusa xD

EDIT: also, the digital effect in the movie for the time were pretty much state of the art too... imagine showing transformers back then... people would run out of the movie theaters clawing at their eyes with their brains melting xD

This quote is directed at this entire thread:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
;)

Regarding Inglorious Bastard-
knowing Tarentino's love of 70s B-movies and schlocky action flicks and knowing that Inglorious Bastard was supposed to be a remake of this movie:

htf_imgcache_33178.jpeg

I don't think it was unreasonable to view it expecting it to have more action.
2 hours of that movie were spent reading subtitles while the characters spoke German.

In terms of Tarentino's craft, I think it's great how he keeps such a slow movie compelling. And during each of those dialog, he skillfully keeps increasing the level of tension and suspense- with a quick action payoff at the end.

I was hoping for a little more humor and violence in the film though I still think it was good.

I was also thankful that in this movie he couldn't channel his inner horny woman or black person through the dialog. Deathproof was RUINED because of the first couple hours of dialog.

I don't think it was unreasonable to view it expecting it to have more action.
2 hours of that movie were spent reading subtitles while the characters spoke German.

watched half of it, i dozed off while reading, i hate subtitles. you miss everything the characters are doing cuz your busy fukkin reading

Members online

No members online now.
Back