Impromptu request to show the lady...

Hot*Mk8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Best car show I ever prepared for... ha, I didn't at all. I keep the critter pretty damn clean and didn't have to worry about it when I came upon a show that I had dismissed. They don't judge cars this 'new,' but the owner of the coating place where I did all the Cerma-chrome and powder coating asked if I brought her and was bummed when I didn't have a spot. There just so happened to be a primo space next to his trailer and he politely asked me to please put her there. He does a TON of business and was very, very proud of this engine and that sparkly Purple Starlight powder. The car got a whole bunch of 'wows' and I ran into people I didn't know who asked if I brought the car. All in all, an excellent day... capped off by THE most f***in amazing Cadillac Coupe de Ville that I am now jonesing for. F me. I WANT that car. Don't know where to put it, but I want it! :shifty: :D

CarShow3_zpse97f5686.jpg

IMG_0606_zps84dbdb40.jpg

IMG_0605_zps9c887295.jpg

IMG_0602_zps7d70d74e.jpg

IMG_0609_zpsfd94d144.jpg

IMG_0597_zps136a00bf.jpg

CarShow2_zps410bf764.jpg

CarShow4_zps56cffb2d.jpg

IMG_0591_zps95ecb688.jpg

IMG_0592_zps186d33a6.jpg

Last but not least, some video of this ridiculously brilliant Caddy:
Unbelievable Custom Cadillac - YouTube

Ssssstop it! ... You're making me home sick!: :(

Very Nice as always....

Wow! Your car is unbelievably CLEAN! Awesome. :D

I hate going to shows like that. They should judge all cars. Our money is just as good.

My car is very much a garage queen and I spend my 'Laurie' moments in the garage looking for things to clean and improve. She's pristine up and down and back and forth with zero parking lot rash. (Fingers crossed)

And I've resolved myself to enjoying the opportunity to share the car. It does monumentally suck, but I think if I play my cards right and am patient, I'll find the right venue. May have to be Pebble Beach for Monterey Auto Week, but so be it!!!!! Every single person that has looked upon this car has said, "Oh, that's a beautiful car." What has been done under the hood is icing as well as the touches I've completed. What gets it for me is seeing people truly enjoy what an awesome car the Mark VIII is and it's always up to me to be the historian for her as well. It's all good!!!

One more late night Photoshop add to the mix (noting that I've put a chrome emblem on the front and loaded it with purple swarovski crystals that also happen to match my new purple crystal and black license plate frames). Women. I know. :p The emblem turned out awesome, though!!! All I have left are the red calipers and the red in the CobraStars. :shifty:

TowerShow_zps32df4fdf.jpg

Beautiful Mark as usual.

And that Caddy is so simple and clean, love it!

I like driving any car too much to have a garage queen but it would be nice to not have to spend two days detailing her before every show. Looks like a great day for a show!

Sweet! got to love blk gen 2 lsc's

That caddie is badass too!

Only thing I would think of doing to your car is hub swap and slam it.

:cool:

I did sensor lower it 2" already and yesterday was the first time I very *slightly* scratched the passenger side tip of my muffler. It isn't noticeable, but I sure hate that sound. I did that in this car before at regular ride height just because it's so long. I think I'd be murder on it any lower. It still drives really, really nicely. Slammed look is cool, but I'll leave that to the younger boys. :shifty: :D

Take over your air ride.
Slam it only at shows.

Put the car at ride height for driving, I agree %100.
They don't drive as nice when sensor lowered.

Us old guys like them slammed too!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back