I'm starting to get really aggravated with my LS

I have run that car to below 0 miles till empty and 50k miles later i have never had an issue with the fuel system. You might want to check the fuel you put in your car too. Always put in 93 octane and get your fuel from a good place.

so what is happening now?

tell us where you're at in the process. Any new symptoms, fixes?

I have run that car to below 0 miles till empty and 50k miles later i have never had an issue with the fuel system. You might want to check the fuel you put in your car too. Always put in 93 octane and get your fuel from a good place.

I don't think that running it low will cause any harm. Running it out of gas will cause some. The trouble with running it low is that you don't know how low is too low until you do run out of gas.

I use Shell gas all the time and its great... the one time i ran the cheaper stations "93 octane" it made my car spudder and hesitate when running

I use Shell gas all the time and its great... the one time i ran the cheaper stations "93 octane" it made my car spudder and hesitate when running

I had to stop using my local shell station. Every time I got gas there (93) my LS would ping. I had the state do an octane test at the station because another station had recently been caught selling 89 as 93. The test results came back that the octane was okay, but there was heavy contamination of water in the gas. Apparently that is okay with the state because they didn't make them get rid of the water.

I had to stop using my local shell station. Every time I got gas there (93) my LS would ping. I had the state do an octane test at the station because another station had recently been caught selling 89 as 93. The test results came back that the octane was okay, but there was heavy contamination of water in the gas. Apparently that is okay with the state because they didn't make them get rid of the water.

Wow. How do you go about having the state test that? Here in california they require that they test the accuracy of the pump readings in gallons, but not sure about octane.

I bought gas that had water in it once. Can't remember if it was a shell or chevron but It was in my Town Car that I had and it ran bad with that gas, but once I filled it back up it ran better then before and was returning about 10% better fuel economy then before. I attributed it to the water in the gas cleaning out the carbon deposits in the engine.

HMM, the first time I decided to fill up with shell, my car went into false failsafe because of the coils going bad. You think it had anything to do with shell? Either way I wont fill up there anymore

tell us where you're at in the process. Any new symptoms, fixes?

Well when I filled up the gas, it ran fine for a few days. Today I just got under half a tank and it started bogging out on my again. It starts fine but about a half hour ago I was driving and then when I got up to around 55 it just wouldn't go any faster. I even had my foot all the way down on the pedal.

Well when I filled up the gas, it ran fine for a few days. Today I just got under half a tank and it started bogging out on my again. It starts fine but about a half hour ago I was driving and then when I got up to around 55 it just wouldn't go any faster. I even had my foot all the way down on the pedal.

Change the fuel filter, relatively easy and inexpensive, it probably due anyways.

Start with the external fuel filter, but you may need to replace the fuel pump (main one).

Fuel filter

The fuel filter should filter out any water, but if it has not been changed, it may be too contaminated to filter anymore. You maybe have bad gas, or water in the tank. Dry gas products may help break up the water.

I saw a pic of the interior of your car, and that's what I thought it was. But then I figured it couldn't be, and chalked it up to sat radio or something.

Looks like it only works with gen 2's.

Somehow I missed your response.

Yes, the Dashcock will only work on the G2's because of the CANBUS integration. No CANBUS on the 00-02 cars.

756795019_Adbfi-L.jpg

Ok well I got the ls fixed. The problem was the fuel pump was completely burned out. I got it replaced. I brought it to the Lincoln dealer for :q:q:q:qs and giggles to see what it would be to replace and they wanted $1200. I just got it all done for under $500. But now it's done and hopefully no more problems.

Members online

Back