IM new

J0ne

LVC Member
Reaction score
hola
2000 lincoln towncar, cartier, L.

I hate the courtesy ding for seat belt. Is there a fuse i can pull?
Already replaced most of the sound system, except front doors...any advice b4 i rip it all apart?
The factory sub has a black "box" under it.... is it just for the sub? or is it some type of ventelation.
Cruise hardly works. light will flash when i push button. recall?
Will ask more as i come along, and if there are any recalls or info you want to inform me about, please do.

J0ne said:
hola

Already replaced most of the sound system, except front doors...any advice b4 i rip it all apart?
The factory sub has a black "box" under it.... is it just for the sub? or is it some type of ventelation.
Will ask more as i come along, and if there are any recalls or info you want to inform me about, please do.

well...

-there isn't a "fuse" for it, but if your pretty good at taking apart and re-assembling, you can take your column apart, and de-tach the wire that hooks up to the ignition where your key goes...that makes it stop

-your door speakers...if you've replaced all the others...you should replace these too...they're the ones you mostly hear!!!

-and as for the sub, if you mean the black sub box...then thats what it is...your box...other than that...i have no clue what else it would be???

-as for the cruise...start by checking fuse...has the steering wheel ever been messed with???

and by the way...welcome!!!

Welcome aboard, Im not real car wise, but I usually just listen...

Yea i know i need to replace the front speakers, but this car is beutifull and i hesitate ripping it apart...its a big leap from the old taurus i used to have. Which fuse would it be???? steering wheel has not been tampered with, only thing that has been screwed with is head unit, and capet...running wires.
What size tire will noticibly start effecting mpg and turn radius?
97LTCSS said:
well...

-there isn't a "fuse" for it, but if your pretty good at taking apart and re-assembling, you can take your column apart, and de-tach the wire that hooks up to the ignition where your key goes...that makes it stop

-your door speakers...if you've replaced all the others...you should replace these too...they're the ones you mostly hear!!!

-and as for the sub, if you mean the black sub box...then thats what it is...your box...other than that...i have no clue what else it would be???

-as for the cruise...start by checking fuse...has the steering wheel ever been messed with???

and by the way...welcome!!!

J0ne said:
hola

welcome to LVC
about your seat belt, there is a way to disengage the belt reminder. taking out the fuse is not the way to go. in the mannual look for belt reminder or something like that and there is a step-by-step instructions on how to turn it off.
For the crusie control, there was a recall on the TCs. I would go to the dealership to find out if it has been done already or not. I wouldn't turn the crusie control on if I was you since I have heard that the crusie control sometimes doesn't disengage.(but after the recall, t would be fixed)
another recall on it was the air intake. talk to the your dealership about that too

well

J0ne said:
Yea i know i need to replace the front speakers, but this car is beutifull and i hesitate ripping it apart...its a big leap from the old taurus i used to have. Which fuse would it be???? steering wheel has not been tampered with, only thing that has been screwed with is head unit, and capet...running wires.
What size tire will noticibly start effecting mpg and turn radius?

i understand, but these door panels coma off as one, are not that hard to tae off...

look in the manual, and there will be a fuse for it, it is very commonly shared with other things for example: it might say, dash, lights & cruise control...but some have a serperate fuse...just check the manual...

as far as differance goes...one tire size will affect it, but not dramatically...but once you go two sizes...bigger or smaller...thats when you see the differance...

-the bigger the rim&tire you lose milage (you'll read 50 and actually be doing like 55 or 60)
-the smaller the rim&tire you gain milage (you'll be readying 60 and actually be doing like 55 or 60)

but it all depends on how far off you are from the recommended size...

Well, I don't have a passive restraint bell on my 85 TC, but I have a cousin who has designed a device, (Not exactly sure how it works), to override the bell on 99 and up Ford Products. He expects it to be in major parts stores,
(Autozone, Advance, NAPA, Pepboys, etc.) by the end of the year.
Thanks, Dave

Members online

No members online now.
Back