Im Happy :) and Im sad :(

Nitrobasher

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, im happy because...

my lincoln should be good to go for then next month atleast. :)

im sad, because... well my bank account is now empty :(

heres the story, as some of you may know, my rearend basically stripped out.

so i tow it to a shop to get it fixed, I was then informed that it would take about 2 weeks till they could get to it. Well in those 2 weeks my bags deflated (both front and back) so I get a call from one of the employees saying they cant get the mark back up (to drive it into the shop)
no problem ill go down there and air em back up. no go. i litteraly have been trying every day for the past week. and they just wont air up.

o well. heres the blow
tranny-1300
rearend-600
arnott coilovers-450
driving the mark home- priceless.

just thought id share, mayb some of you will be proud of me and not giving up? :D ;)

couldnt tell you, i was gunna ask on the forums but i didnt want everyone to here more of my complaining so whateva. :)

Nitrobasher said:
couldnt tell you, i was gunna ask on the forums but i didnt want everyone to here more of my complaining so whateva. :)

Nevermind everyone else.

Some people tend to forget that there was a time when they did'nt know much. The ONLY way your gonna learn is to get in there and do it.

Mike

I'd figured that car was done for after the transmission problems. Congrats for having the interest, patience, and bank account, to get that black Lincoln back on the road. Good luck with it.

Calabrio said:
I'd figured that car was done for after the transmission problems. Congrats for having the interest, patience, and bank account, to get that black Lincoln back on the road. Good luck with it.

+1, I'm glad to see you didn't give up on it.. :)

Your bags are fixed forever so it don't matter now but it is puzzling why they didn't work. I've had to take the weight off the suspension on some of my 7's and 8's to get them to inflate before when they were all the way down. I figured it was a weak compressor maybe. I used the fill procedure in the manuals. I've even seen o-rings unseat when the car sat and it took a little hit to get them to reseat. Hope this helps someone else, you're good to go.
Dave.

We've never thought you were complaining. Just Fustrated at times... We've all gone through it. These are older car and parts to wear out.

You are young, and have a car that's a lot of fun to drive. We all expect you to tear something up.

Where you have shown maturity is you don't just say Mark VIII are a POS I hate them... (not that anyone on this site ever doest that LOL)..

Granted when they break some may feel that they are through with them and then want to sell the. They do cost a lot to fix. That where LVC comes in with ways to make the repairs much cheaper.

Congrats on not giving up.. You have a nice car. Now it's even nicer. Respect it. Take it out once in a while and have fun with her, just not everyday drive her hard. Remember she is old and parts are wearing (as you found out).

Oh... You could have saved an extra $100 going to Eddie with your air ride. His price is also $450 for the conversion but he will buy back your bags and compressor. (offers a core exchange). But to late for that. Just rubbing a little salt in LOL...

Oh.. if your shop hasn't thrown out your old bags, go get them. I doubt the rears are bad you can sell them on eBay to recover some of your expense.

I don't know how to test your fronts but they go anywhere form $50 to $150 on eBay.

And if you compressor still worked take that off you can get a good price for that also on eBay.

cool, thanks for all the comments, ill try and sell the old bags on ebay.

thanks for the support everyone+

OUGHT!!! To offer them to your fellow LvC community peeps first!!! Maybe some of us would appreciate first dibs!!! :)

sure thing, i know the rear bags were replaced when i bought the car ( little over a year ago)
im pretty sure the front bags are ust about shot (they only air up about 1/2 with car on)

compressor sounds good as well. anyone know anything else

Congrats on showing the perseverance to stick it out Nitro, it's something to be proud of. And your car is getting better all the time.

Members online

Back