I'll christen the forum with a few Fleetwood Pic

78_TownCar_460 said:
What do you mean? Given the power and money, any car can run 10's. No one chooses big cars because they would cost too much to do.

while any car can run 10's the chance of people putting that much money into cars pretty much never happens.. the person this guy was talkin about said he did a few minor modifications which isnt possible

Well, my 94 FW Brougham is a bit modified. The LT1 has a ton of tried & true parts available for it, which is the beauty of these cars in terms of performance. WHat can be done to a vette, Camaro, Impala, etc can basically be done to a Fleetwood...... and before you do it you can get an idea of the gains from other people's experiences.

With my cam, shorty headers, rockers, springs, PCM reprogramming, 3.42 gears, exhaust work I am hoping I gained back my 20% drivetrain loss from the stock 260HP and 330 TQ at the flywheel. Hoping to have 260/330 at my rear wheels.....

Had a run-in with a new Charger R/T with a Hemi, supposedly a 14.5 second vehicle. Hoping my car is in that range, we were running dead even with each other on the road. :dancefool
I'd be a happy camper knowing I possibly shaved 2.0 seconds off the 1/4 mile time from a 16.5 second stock FW time......

I can't wait to get my hands on a 96 Fleedwood...I have always wanted one.

The second one is a (very nice) 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty-Special Brougham... 133" wheelbase and 227.5" long.

In its most efficient year, one would expect about an 8.6ish 0-60 and a 16.8-17.0 second standing 1/4th run.
The fastest published time I've seen for a stock '60s/'70s Cadillac is 16.3 with a '70 Eldorado, by Car & Driver. Motor Trend got 16.37 for a '70 Eldo.
But the '64 DeVille is very close with a 16.4 sec 1/4 mile (Car Life); Motor Trend got 16.5, also with a '64 SDV. And Motor Trend got 16.5 sec with a '69 CDV.

Fastest 0-60 mph time I've seen is 8.0 seconds ('64 Sedan de Ville, Mechanix Illustrated). Also 8.5 seconds, '64 SDV, by both Car Life and Motor Trend.
Next is 8.6 seconds, '68 Eldorado, Road Test magazine, 9.1 seconds, '68 CDV, Motor Trend and 9.4 seconds, '69 CDV, Motor Trend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back