If lincoln

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
If lincoln would do these few things, the towncar would outsell the deville 1000 to 1

Bring back the cartier(come on cartier is way classier than "ultimate")

bring back the touring edition option

dual exhausts standard

32v intech v8(im sure all of us would kill to see this one)

300hp base, 325 on cartier and touring edition

The L model would be standard

REAL WOOD

Heated and Cooled front and rear seats*

Suicide doors(I know this one is a stretch, but this one thing would be the head turner of the century)

all cars stock with 17 inch rims, cartier gets 18" chrome wheels and vogue tires

elevated air vents for the rear passengers(plus the standard middle vents on the back of the arm rest compartment) on the middle pillars beside the front seats whre the seat belts are.

quad zone climate control*

more powerful ac( i love leather, but i hate summer)

stock cd player with a 6 speaker system(1 speaker in each door and the 2 speakers in the rear windshield compartment)

available 7 speaker(upgraded speakers, 1 speaker in each door, 1 sub) and, 6 disc in dash changer*(standard in cartier)

climate, audio and sun roof(on cars equipped) controls mounted on steering wheel.

heated and cooled steering wheel*(standard on cartier)

all editions get power pull down trunk, cartier gets power opening and closing trunk(same for the fuel door)

power lumbar seats standard

power head rests standard

HID's standard

If lincoln would do these few things, it would put the towncar in a higher class, able to compete better in todays market.

* denotes optional equipment

And of course, if they do produce your loaded Lincoln, you'll be the first willing to pay the pricetag, I assume?

mark0101 said:
exterior side mirror to close like the navi

ive seen the newer tc's do that.

and the price..

if cadillac can ofer more feature for 5g more than a fully loaded tc, then what would an extra 5-10g for a better car be? i dotn see how any of those could be unimaginable in that price range. personally, i think those options would not only better the lincoln image, but make it more appealing to the buyers of other cars(mercedes, cadillac, lexus).

cadillac has 2 features that i would like to see on a town car.
the projected dash read out on the windshield and the on seat, power adjustable seat belt.

If lincoln would put the intech v8 in the towncar, that would be another positive feature for potential buyers who are looking at both the towncar and the deville. base 300 hp would put it above the base deville, and the 325 upgrade would be impressive.

suicide doors were found on 60's models continentals, and i think if done right, they would add a certain class to the towncar that would drop jaws and turn heads every where. it would be one of those noteable features that really sets the car apart.(no more arguments over my tc being an upgraded crown vic).

I have never seen a sunroof control on the steering wheel, and i think it would be one of those neat little features that makes driving a little easier.

power head rests. if a KIA can have power head rests, why cant a lincoln?

real wood in the interior would really step up the luxury factor. i love the way my plastic wood grain looks, but using plastic wood trim on a car that is supposed to be the pinnacle of american luxury is kinda pathetic.

these are all realistic suggestions.

suicide doors were found on 60's models continentals, and i think if done right, they would add a certain class to the towncar that would drop jaws and turn heads every where. it would be one of those noteable features that really sets the car apart

I've seen a few concept Lincolns with suicide doors, which to me means they plan on bringing back the design.

When I was a teen back in the early 70's, I wanted a early 60's Conti...loved that body style! My local mechanic told me "son, the more sh*t you've got on a car, the more you've got to tear up." I understood what he meant when I bought a '69 Riviera to restore. Sold it when smoke started pouring from the steering column! Heads-up displays and controls on the wheel are nice, but when they give trouble they are an electrical nightmare. Caddy is just beginning to get her house of quality and reliability back in order. Kia, on the other hand, has a power headrest to help comfort the poor slob who owns it as he waits for the tow truck.

lincolnlarry said:
Kia, on the other hand, has a power headrest to help comfort the poor slob who owns it as he waits for the tow truck.

Right on! Ka..Ka..Ka.. Kia! Beer can on wheels...

Yeah and smart cruise control, and the lane switching thing from Infiniti. Lincoln is so far behind, the Town Car is NOT worth 50 grand!

i love my towncar, dont get me wrong... but you are correct.

it seems they dont give a :q:q:q:q about the lincoln line anymore.

ive heard that the newer devilles have a light that tells you how much air is in your tires. is that true?
=Derek=

95ltc said:
ive heard that the newer devilles have a light that tells you how much air is in your tires. is that true?
=Derek=

lincoln has the tire sensor too! remember lincoln is innovators, everyone else is just imitators!

Sure... Is that why the new lincoln has basically the same engine that it had in 1994 with more power, not to mention the fancy plastic. Is that why infiniti has created the lane switch alerter, and lincolns are just geting nav systems. Is that why lincolns have outdated 4 speed overdrive, the same trans they had in 89? I mean come on. Town Car hold there name, but they are too outdated.

i agree with you 100% that NOW lincoln sucks, because ford does give 2 shhhits about lincoln, they only care about jag. but back in the day with the mark IV that car had dual power seats no car had that in 1974 at least to my knownledge. lincoln had rear defrost before anycar. even in the G2 marks had the lights on the side mirrors, benzo copied that from lincoln. auto glide/memory seats, lincoln had before anyone i think? crap i can not think of anything else................. ohhh yeah going back to the 74 marks i think they had a message center. errrrr... the navi, i think was the first SUV that had the power running boards. i can not think of anymore things lincoln came out with first.

evillally said:
I've seen a few concept Lincolns with suicide doors, which to me means they plan on bringing back the design.

I saw that to in the Concept Continental and May I say they do look nice with a wine cool in the center conpartment.
:Beer

D-Ice said:
Sure... Is that why the new lincoln has basically the same engine that it had in 1994 with more power, not to mention the fancy plastic. Is that why infiniti has created the lane switch alerter, and lincolns are just geting nav systems. Is that why lincolns have outdated 4 speed overdrive, the same trans they had in 89? I mean come on. Town Car hold there name, but they are too outdated.

well, if its not broke, dont fix it.lol
95ltc

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i agree with you 100% that NOW lincoln sucks, because ford does give 2 shhhits about lincoln, they only care about jag. but back in the day with the mark IV that car had dual power seats no car had that in 1974 at least to my knownledge. lincoln had rear defrost before anycar. even in the G2 marks had the lights on the side mirrors, benzo copied that from lincoln. auto glide/memory seats, lincoln had before anyone i think? crap i can not think of anything else................. ohhh yeah going back to the 74 marks i think they had a message center. errrrr... the navi, i think was the first SUV that had the power running boards. i can not think of anymore things lincoln came out with first.

Lincoln came out with the first digital dash in 1980.

I could be wrong but wasn't the 1996 Mark VIII the first production car to have HID's.

Also 69' Mark III had sure-trac braking system which I guess can be considered similar to anti-loc brakes.

Also, I've never seen another brand of car that has automatic high beam dimming.

Yes, Lincoln used to be an innovator.

Hi, I'm new to the boards. I'm here just to try to help you all remember the main market for Lincoln & Mercury cars is the AARP age group. Having any group of people as your main market has consequences:

1. Many older people do not like changes. This is shown by the old pattern of V8 RWD that seems to draw the oldies in like zombies.

2. Many older people aren't technologically savvy. Having a navigation system, CD Changer, or other extra feature is not a positive feature to them.

Remember, old people know what they want and want what they know.

I could be wrong but wasn't the 1996 Mark VIII the first production car to have HID's.

Yes. They were also the first to feature side mirror lighted directionals, first to use neon lighting on a vehicle,first dimming rear-view mirrors, first to use coil-on-plug ignition, first to use electronic air suspension, first American diesel luxury car, first to use electronic computer-controlled suspension, first American with a 32-valve OHC V8, the list goes on...

what about the remote trunk closer, cadillac doesnt have that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back