itsnick6969

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I had asked everybody before for ideas but this is what i ended up getting

stage two sean hyland cams
98 cobra intake manifold
bbk throttle body
exhaust mass air flow and chip from LMS
a 4r70w trans with shift kit and alto red clutches. has 200 miles on it.
a zex nitrous kit.
4.10 gears and trac lok

I was wondering what i should do to as far as switching to straight axle or keeping the irs and getting it to hook and not getting wheel hop
also what kind of power will i be pushing, how should i tune the cams and other ideas and inputs thanks guys

Your picked out set up NA is going to be all about top end... you've basically picked out components that are mustang stuff.... with this in mind a higher stall converter will be a must to allow you to use this new powerband you've moved your endine into...

I would not use an LMS maf or chip on that setup... you need some sound dyno tunning with the cam swap going down and will want a dedicated nitrous tune. I would keep the stock maf too....

Keep it IRS.... unless you plan on hunting below 10 second range and adding a cage the IRS will do just fine...

Tune the casm... do you mean degree them, or tune for them?

i forgot to say that i have a 3000 edge racing stall with anti balooning plates and the whole nine yards and a trans cooler. i was just wondering the best setup for the stuff i have and i heard if you set up the cams so you get a lope you will kill the power potential

3000 is way way too low... stock is like 2700 lol....

You don't understand cams much do you? At the very least you should do about ten times as much research about modular cams before running out and buying them like you did....

well mabey that would be why i am asking for help and i did do some research thats where i heard about if you set it up for a massive lope you lose power. so can you help me out or do u just want to be a dick.

no i dont know much about this stuff mabey that would be why i am asking for help huh and i did do some research thats where i heard about if you set it up for a massive lope you lose power. and i got almost everything i have in a killer package deal so can you help me out or do u just want to be an .
thanks

so can you help me out or do u just want to be a dick.so can you help me out or do u just want to be a dick.

TIP: when you only have 1 person replying to your thread, it's really not the best idea to call them a dick.. JUST because they wont "sing along with you".

If you think I am going to "sing along with you" in your path you've chosen with your mods you might as well call me a dick right now and get it over with.

I use this portion of your mod list and save your money for bettor/other stuff.

98 cobra intake manifold
Trans and Torque Convertor from Lonnie
4.10 gears and trac lok

Get your NA combination nailed before chunking a nitrous kit at it.

The Zex kit is a good peice for the "budding nitrous user"

With the saved money I deleted from your mod list (cams & nitrous) you can now look into a real tuning solution for your car which you didn't happen to mention if your plans are for a 93-95 or a 96 or a 97 or 98.
Each of those cars are unique in the aspect of modifications.

I notice you didn't happen to include WB02 into your planned mod list.
Put a decent WB02 on the car instead of the exhaust system.

If your car is an LSC which came with 3.27 gears putting 4.10's in it is gonna be a dissapointment (sad, but true)

now if it's a 3.07 car the 4.10's are a nice increase/difference in performance.

If you have an LSC you need to run the 4.30 gears otherwise your not gonna like the "very little difference" the gear swap made.
TRUST ME..
Been there, done that..

Sorry if I came across as a Dick... Here is the issue in my opinion with your cam choice... Number one is that I've have never seen any good results come from Sean Hyland Cams... I also don't think cams are worth doing in an NA Mark, there a tons of other bolt ons that would be much much much more $ effective.

So what year is this car?

If your car is a 93-95 model that means your tuning solutions are very limited due to the inability to effectively/cheaply datalog the PCM which is EEC-IV.

The 96-98 OBD2 cars are much easier to tune due to the better datalogging solutions available.

again, trust me.. been there.. done that

Sorry if I came across as a Dick...

So what year is this car?

dude, how many people have to tell you that your a dick..before you drag yourself out of this bipolar denial syndrome?

myself, by the time I got to my early 20's I'd accepted the fact that most people think I'm an @zzhole or a D*ck.

the whole world.. CANT be wrong.. right?
:eek:

dude, how many people have to tell you that your a dick..before you drag yourself out of this bipolar denial syndrome?

myself, by the time I got to my early 20's I'd accepted the fact that most people think I'm an @zzhole or a D*ck.

the whole world.. CANT be wrong.. right?
:eek:

OMG.... ROFL

Tommy you need to put that in your sig so all the n00bs know it from the start.:)

I don't much like kid rock.....but kid dick that has a ring to it.

Lets talk exhaust quick....

The Mark VIII needs a lot more help improving flow on the exhaust side than the intake side. On the intake side you have a decent airbox, 80mm MAF that is more than adequete, on gen 1's a great intake, on gen 2's a decent intake, and heads that can do the job ok.... but on the exhaust side you have some of the worst log manifolds with the cat built in on one side...

There is a lot more benefit from opening up the exhaust than modifying the intake. You have LMS exhaust listed on the mods, the only problem being that the LMS ehaust is cat back, and the real flow restrictions are from the manifold to the cats, the rest of the exhaust isn't that bad, especially if you have true duals from an LSC.

this is the list of things i have already bought. I have a 97 mark NOT lsc now as far as the exhaust goes ppl say the headers are not worth the price so what do i do as far as manifold restrictions? so let me know what else i should get and what i should do as far as the stuff i have
and on the website it says the powerband is between 5000 and 8000 rpms for the cams i bought
thanks

sorry it takes so long for me to check this stuff i have to do it from my phone.

powerband is between 5000 and 8000 rpms .

Yea those suck..

again.. dont put those cams in your car.
Return them.

or use them as lightsabers or something, they are worthless in your application.

The BBK throttle body is worthless also... in fact it is widely considered and "anti mod".

Return it.

Well since the factory exhaust manifolds do pose a restriction issue.
headers are a far FAR more efficient mod than "those cams"... or the BBK throttle body..

f me right well what would be the best thing to do if i sold those cams. should i go na or turbo or supercharger? and what else do i need?

IF it were me..

I would find an 03-04 cobra motor, swap it in a call it a day.

no the blower wont fit on your heads

Getting the correct heads is an option, but IMHO it's far easier and cheaper to drop in a "running motor" rather than trying to track down every little individual piece needed for the conversion.

Lets talk exhaust quick....

but on the exhaust side you have some of the worst log manifolds with the cat built in on one side...

actually that may be true on the 97-98, but on my 94 i have two cats, one on each side, and i had one connecting the two, but that is gone

Hey man just put it all together and tell us how fast it is. not all cars are the same. good luck

all the marks have a cat on each side, what he meant was the mark VIII, no year specific has the driverside cat welded to the exhaust manifold, the pass side manifold unbolts from the engine without the cat, the cat is on the y pipe with a flange that bolts to the manifold, and tommy is a dick!

Members online

No members online now.
Back