id hate to buy the wrong ones...

Geldtron

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Owning a 02, and having winter rims + rotations my summer rims/lugnuts were on/off often, in the end lugnuts smooth out and are dead now, including the locking lug nuts, they managed to get stripped aswell after 9 years. so i did alot of reaseasrch on here and come to the conclusion that Ford OEM lugnuts kinda suck, the gorilla ones are "plated" just like the ford, dorman are ok, sebring lugnuts work just fine, and so do the MB579290 mitsubushi ones.
Am i good so far? anyone?
I wanna order em by sunday, so i can aim for a next weekend tire swap out.
i found em for 5.50$ each at (these are the right ones? just makin sure b4 i spend 142.00 - buying one extra set.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lancer-Ecli...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5884a7d48e&vxp=mtr

I wouldn't run conical lugs like that unless your wheels specify it. I tried it for awhile on OEM wheels and they wouldn't seat right w/o the shank.

Those are it, but can't you find them cheaper?

Nope sadly enough, but 5.5 isnt too bad, i think ppl found em for 3.5 a year or two back???
dealership wanted 9.xx each,,, + shippin from WI, to MN, which was like 15.
I said no ty, found em at 5.5 each w/ free shipping on ebay. 100 bucks for the whole set of 20 is ok i guess.......
ill pay it seeing as these are the best quality out there from all the reviews i read

Lug nuts

Dorman p/n: 611-229.1 wheel nut m12 1.50, $4.21 ea, box of 10 available @ advance auto. Autozone also carries them individually. Replaced all 20 on mine.

2000 ls base

Dorman #611117 $2.44 ea. at rockauto.com. They work well.

+1 on the Dorman #611117 from rockauto.com... those are the ones I got, and others here use them too. Great price from rockauto.com.

(The Dorman p/n: 611-229.1 are the tin plated cap type like the originals... the 611117 are better since they are solid - i.e. no tin cap cover).

Members online

Back