I wonder what springs this guy is using???

Nice LS there. I'd say springtechs or sprints, it just looks exaggerated with the stock wheels and tires combo.

Whatever he is using I want some. My car sits so high still with my eibachs, I'm seriously considering just cutting a coil off each spring and going from there. I wish we had more options

Your stance looks great to me in your sig pic bullschmidt. How careful do you have to be with those? I had 2 people in the car the other day and when exiting a parking lot, I scraped my tips. I didn't go really slow but I didn't think I would hit with how fast I went.

Yea the LS is a "low" car to begin with... it just has too high of wheel wells.

Also since the car is so long, it emphasizes scraping ability. I remember bottoming out on speed bumps @ stock spring height with a few people in the car.

I am going to say my car is just as low as the one in that ebay link... And I have springtechs... I think it is an illusion with the stock wheel package making it seem more extreme as the stock wheel's offset is set further into the well. Most people who lower that much also go with aftermarket wheels. Like you and I, pektel.

I am going to take a photo of a can next to my car tomorow to see just how low it is, because I think it has sagged down more since first getting the springs.

You ever in north texas andrizzle??

I go up to wichita falls once a month...dont know how far into ok you are but wichita falls is close to the border.

I go up to wichita falls once a month...dont know how far into ok you are but wichita falls is close to the border.

I was just there a couple weekends ago for a race. But I live in north OKC, so dead center of the state. We need to get a meet together in this part of the country.... alot of us in these 4 or 5 states in the south.

I was just there a couple weekends ago for a race. But I live in north OKC, so dead center of the state. We need to get a meet together in this part of the country.... alot of us in these 4 or 5 states in the south.

Northwest Arkansas in range... Winter meets are harder, but still doable.

Ive seen quite a few ls's in this area......and someone in a white ls flew past me on the highway on my way down to san antonio lol.

Dont know if theyre on this forum though.

doesn't the 04 LSE come with wood trim steering and shifter and nav package? that car in the ebay post has neither.

doesn't the 04 LSE come with wood trim steering and shifter and nav package? that car in the ebay post has neither.

Just because it is an LSE does not mean it has every option.

LSE is an exterior package that was equipped on some V8s. That is about the only thing you can guarantee about LSE's, the engine.

You are thinking of an Ultimate package.

Your stance looks great to me in your sig pic bullschmidt. How careful do you have to be with those? I had 2 people in the car the other day and when exiting a parking lot, I scraped my tips. I didn't go really slow but I didn't think I would hit with how fast I went.

It looks pretty good but I would like to be about 3/4 of an inch lower. There is almost two inches of wheel gap under the fender. Plenty of room for improvement there. I do have to be very careful everywhere I go. A couple of times my tips have scraped, once with a couple people in the back leaving a lot, and once I backed into a parking spot and the adjacent sidewalk stuck up more then I anticipated and they rubbed a little.

Interesting. I did not realize you could easily cut these springs, since they are progressive. :cool:

That's one of the things that is holding me back from doing it. If they were linear it would have been done already.

There is plenty of people who on a budget cut springs. It's not the best thing to do but with our car and lack of options It maybe the only option to go lower. I have contacted serveral companies about doing adjustable coilivers for the LS but none want to put in the time to make something only a few people may buy. Another option is complete custom ones, but it would be very expensive and kind of a waste since I wouldn't be using them more for lowering the car.

There are some LS guys out there who have cut theirs. Xxbmxlsxx and jwerner come to mind

I'm shooting for this range, with 19's and spacers if needed.
dscn0406p.jpg

Actually the 04/05 LSE had the best of both worlds as far as interior trim. It had the wood in the doors and dash but had the leather shift knob and all leather steering wheel. I have the factory brouchures and confirmed it. You could get the V8 with wood on the doors, dash, steering wheel and shift knob OR the black or metal looking trim with leather shift knob and steering wheel. The only combo of both was the 04/05 LSE.

There is plenty of people who on a budget cut springs. It's not the best thing to do but with our car and lack of options It maybe the only option to go lower.

Actually, with typical springs, an inch (or as much as two, depending) is perfectly fine to shorten the stock springs. I will have to look at the LS springs and dust off the old vibrations books.

With cut springs on this car, is the ride shi++y? My sentra has cut springs and bounces on every little thing. I don't want the ls to ride like that.
And is there better handling with cut springs like there is with lowering springs

Man I was in Wichita Falls back in May. Drove from VA to there and was there for three weeks on TDY. Would have loved to have met up with some of you guys.

Here is where my springs have sagged to:

nov4s.jpg

nov5.jpg

nov6.jpg

I used a small Sunny Delight for reference... I had no cans on hand, lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back