I think my tranny might be going out...

Icewood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys,

My Ls is a 00 V8 and has been running fine w/ no major problems ever since I got it about a year and a half ago.

Just recently the car will jerk sort of back n forth like its trying to get into a certain gear but can't really do it once I hit about 50mph , anywhere from 50-60 mph the jerking stops .

I noticed that after sometime the jerking started to also take place on the highway after going about 80mph.
The car also started ideling very roughly when its at a stop light it would sort of jerk a little as well.

Anybody ever had this problem?
I am not getting any messages like check engine or check transmission or any of that so I have no clue what could be wrong w/ the car...

I think it's the coils, maybe you are running low on oil in the tranny.

Each sparkplug has a coil on top of it. you have pretty much 8 distributors. One on each spark plug.

hey not trying to be a d**k but if you don't know what coils are then this may be best left to the dealer?

..well I am not intending on doing it myself , I just want to know what the dealer will be fixing for my own refferance.

i disagree on the dealer... go to a reliable well known certified mechanic... Dealer will over-charge

Dealer will be replacing an ignition coil. If there's oil in there he'll be replacing the valve cover gaskets as well. There's a write up in the tech section if you want to see the process.

I learnt myself everythang I knew, Read my post and follow the links. anyone with hands can do it. If you plan on keeping the ls, you better learn how to fix it unless everything is covered under warranty. somebody post a price on how much they paid the dealer to do this. I just dont have hundreds of dollars to spend on labor charges.

Members online

No members online now.
Back