I think i gonna sell my 2001 Lincoln Ls

QUICKSILVER_LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. i think i going to sell my 2001 LS.V8 with 62K .and buy 2006 LSE with 6k
at local lincoln Dealer for $27000 is this a good deal . Also will i see any signficant gain in power with this new LSE?

Heck yeah, 27grand for an 06 LSE is a nice deal. Are you going to trade in your 01 or sell it separate? You will see power with the 06 with the HP boost Ford gave 03 and up, and also, it's an LSE :) woo hooo!!!

Last edited:
What options? I think $27000 is a bit high, based on what others here have paid for comparable 2006ers.

sounds a little high, but i am sure you can get them down. i would sell mine too if i could, but i have too much invested in it, but i would say i would not but another LS. i would have to go to the g35 coupe or wait for the g37 coupe

$27K is a bit high. There were no LSE's in 2006. LSE's were out in 2002, 2004, and 2005. The 2006 has the LSE ground effects/appearance package.

27k is far too high. There is minimal demand for an out of production car that never sold that well to begin with. Particularly a used out of production car.

I'd personally pay no more than about 24k. And I'd NOT trade in my 2001, but sell it via Craigslist/the local paper.

Any 1 here interest in Buy my ls? i will post pics if request. Also i live in Northern VA>

I don't want to trade in because the dealer think my car is too heavyly mods

27k is far too high. There is minimal demand for an out of production car that never sold that well to begin with. Particularly a used out of production car.

I'd personally pay no more than about 24k. And I'd NOT trade in my 2001, but sell it via Craigslist/the local paper.

YEs i think 27K is too high also, i propaply ask around 25k...IMO this car is in Magnificient condition with only 6k on it. Im definitely in love with this car, i will get it sooner if someone willing to buy my heavyly mods 2001 LS. Since i can't afford 2 LS.

Why don't you take off the performance/aftermarket parts and sell them on here. Then sell your car bone stock + make money off the parts....

People buy parts in like 2 minutes from this site.

To each his/her own, but dropping $27k (less what you'd get from the sale of your car), is WAAAAAAAAY north of what I would spend on an 8yr old car...especially an LS. Notice I didn't say "what YOU should spend", as it's your $$$ :)

I get it...the fact that you like the LS auto, but there's I would wager there is a LOT more car for the money should you decide to drop that kind of dinero.

And like s/one may have suggested, figure the difference what you'd spend out of pocket, and drop THAT amount into what you already have and you may come out a good bit better.

That dealer is gonna sit on that car for a good bit if it's tagged at $27k. They're gonna go thru a LOT of hagglers should they find s/one really interested in that car and they'll keep comin' back with, "Yeah...but it's only got 6k miles on it..."

Best to you & hope you get clear direction on what to do with YOUR money :)

PS: $25k is still much more than I would spend on an 8+yr old LS, but value is in the eye of the beholder :)

To each his/her own, but dropping $27k (less what you'd get from the sale of your car), is WAAAAAAAAY north of what I would spend on an 8yr old car......

I'm not making any strong judgement on the price, but I question your math.
"and buy 2006 LSE with 6k at local lincoln Dealer for $27000"
This statement is from 2007, so he wasn't talking about an 8 year old car. He was talking about a 1 to 2 year old car.

To each his/her own, but dropping $27k (less what you'd get from the sale of your car), is WAAAAAAAAY north of what I would spend on an 8yr old car...especially an LS. Notice I didn't say "what YOU should spend", as it's your $$$ :)

I get it...the fact that you like the LS auto, but there's I would wager there is a LOT more car for the money should you decide to drop that kind of dinero.

And like s/one may have suggested, figure the difference what you'd spend out of pocket, and drop THAT amount into what you already have and you may come out a good bit better.

That dealer is gonna sit on that car for a good bit if it's tagged at $27k. They're gonna go thru a LOT of hagglers should they find s/one really interested in that car and they'll keep comin' back with, "Yeah...but it's only got 6k miles on it..."

Best to you & hope you get clear direction on what to do with YOUR money :)

PS: $25k is still much more than I would spend on an 8+yr old LS, but value is in the eye of the beholder :)

You know this thread is 8 years old right? haha

I do, yes...can't see how that even applies(?). Not an issue either way, is it?

I've bought/sold 14 vehicles in less than 10 years alone I think it is. I believe several simply offered up their thots after Quicksilver himself asked, "Is this a good deal?", right? So I may be missing s/thing in what you said, but your point is...?

Say...what part of Michigan are you in? I lived in Troy and Rochester for about 6 yrs myself...got a sister in Shelby Township, and one in Howell. I migrated south where snow is seldom seen :)

are you being serious? because, YES it really does matter. there is a huge difference in paying $27k for a $45k+ cars that is one year old vs. paying $27k for a $45k+ car that is 8 years old... if you cant understand why that makes a difference, then nobody can help you.

So I may be missing s/thing in what you said, but your point is...?

The main point here is that

while yes, $27,000 is way too much money to spend on a LS that is 8 years old if it were for sale today even with such ridiculously low millage.

Nobody is arguing that, hell nobody even said that...

BUT, $27,000 was probably a pretty decent deal on a LS that was only one year old that was for sale seven years ago with still pretty low millage.

Thank you 1LoudLS and the others who pointed out the obvious. LandOFlincoln has to be kidding and more importantly, why bring a thread like this back from the dead? Has time travel been invented and missed it?

I've bought/sold 14 vehicles in less than 10 years alone I think it is. I believe several simply offered up their thots after Quicksilver himself asked, "Is this a good deal?", right? So I may be missing s/thing in what you said, but your point is...?

Say...what part of Michigan are you in? I lived in Troy and Rochester for about 6 yrs myself...got a sister in Shelby Township, and one in Howell. I migrated south where snow is seldom seen :)

Hope others show you my point, but I have family in Troy and Rochester. I live in mid Michigan now, but I'm from south of Detroit.

It seems there's been a bit of trolling going on lately. LOL

How / why do these even get started?! How would someone even stumble upon this?... I never understood that with new members. I get asking questions because you've searched, but just out of the blue statements on old threads boggles my mind

How / why do these even get started?! How would someone even stumble upon this?... I never understood that with new members. I get asking questions because you've searched, but just out of the blue statements on old threads boggles my mind
I wonder that myself sometimes, especially like you said something like this, it's very likely the guy doesn't even have the 06 LS this thread was about anymore. LOL

one of two ways...

first, they were actually searching for once.

or the more likely option is that they got tired of looking at the first page of threads and probably just jumped to the last page. (i may or may not have fallen for this one... twice. lol)

Members online

No members online now.
Back