I need serious help now please asap

Hernandez

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i got my alternator fixed, but in the shop they washed the engine. the check engine started blinking and throw a code of misfire cylinder 6.
the car is slow as hell. so i thought sparks got wet or something.

symptoms:
  • the car is so slow if i push the pedal it hesitates and takes too long to take off.
  • the transmission is shifting at VERY HIGH revs and very hard
  • the car vibrates a lot at idle like if it were going to stall
  • smells like unburnt gas
  • i think transmission or maybe a piston makes weird noise when i accelerate
  • oil pressure light appears but goes away when i rev

i changed the sparks today i cleaned up everything and rearranged the coils,
but the car now is WORST the same symptoms but worst.
should i take it to a shop again? or should i try replacing the coils?

2002 v6.

sounds like the coils got drenched...

They are ruined. Buy 8 and use the new plugs with them - if they're not already ruined.

noo i just bought and installed the spark plugs today, so they cant be ruined. i bought bosch platinum and i calibrate them myself.

i was thinking about buying these, i need my care before weekend.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2005-Lincoln-LS-3-0L-V6-Ignition-Coils-Ford-DG517-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5194ad5d04QQitemZ350386740484QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

tomorrow im going to get the codes pulled again, i think it should mark another cylinder and then i will know the exact bad coil. but im gonna change them all.
coils should fix the problem right away?

It is probably the easiest first step to troubleshooting your problem... But if it happened after they blasted the engine with water... It is a good bet that it is coils...

I mean really I wouldn't have even made a thread before changing the coils. It should be common sense to replace them now. All of them. Forget the codes, buy 8 coils (probably from dealer since you need your car urgently it sounds) and be done with it.

but i only need six!
i can only afford what i need right now. from dealer they are going to be too expensive. i think im going to buy those chinese ebay COP's and let you know in a few days.
thanks i really appreciate it. that should fix the high rev shifting and idle too right?
ill post the result of the code test tomorrow, i just wanna make sure.

i found this video to test coils.. i dont know if it really works but its useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-jucLtzI1g&feature=fvst im gonna try it tomorrow too

it does sound like coils, change those but be careful about ebay coils, some people (not me, mine are still working great) bought them off ebay and have had a bunch of problems

andrizzle probably thought you had a v8 since he didn't read everything :rolleyes:

Yea... Okay basically just switch every 8 in my post to a six. You still have the same problem... And you made it sound like you didn't have time for shipping from online dealers... So I suggested the local dealership.

You should be good to go.

Dont you have to remove the intake manifold on the 6's, one or two coils are under it?

Been there, done that. The coils got wet and are fried. You need new ones. Make the ding-dong that washed the engine pay for them. They should have dried off everything (at least blow-dried the engine bay) before starting the car.

Dont you have to remove the intake manifold on the 6's, one or two coils are under it?

yeaa i did, it took me about 4 or 5 hours to complete the job. actually its pretty easy. NOT THE FIRST TIME

nd you made it sound like you didn't have time for shipping from online dealers
i dont really need my car, i have more car but i hate driving them, i just love my LS

tomorrow im going to test the coils like in the video i posted, then remove the manifold again and change the coils and test them too. ask for prices and maybe buy ebay with the one day shipping.

thanks everybody, ill let you know what happens

yup when i had my 1st gen repaired from a accident, the body shop power washed off my engine while i was signing the invoice, ran like sh!t, and they told me it was fine when they test drove it, and to just drive it home and it should clean its self out after a mile or so, well i drove it 3 miles and it just kept getting worse so i took it back, they had to replace all the coils and the cats all on their dime (this was a ford dealer body shop too)

side note

i have a 01V6, my oil light did the same thing, so i replaced the oil sensor, but the light kept coming on, the dip stick had 1/4 qtr low from max level line. So the oil level was ok, but still the light, strange,,,,,,,,,last thing i did was fill the oil to the max line. Light went out.....

HEY GUYS, thank you all for your answers. today i tested my coils. i used this basic $6.99 tool and found out that one coil (of the side i can reach) isnt working.

its called ADJUSTABLE IGNITION SPARK TESTER, you plug one end to the spark plug and another to the coil, then you start your engine and there should be a spark between the gap.

tomorrow im going to buy used coils from a junk yard just to have car nice for the weekend. but im going to order the brand new 6 coils and replace them as soon as they arrive. i think im going to post a thread about this. i think is very useful

IMG0237A.jpg

Members online

Back