I need Headlight/Tail Light restoration help

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. LandYachts

LandYachts Active LVC Member

I’m kind of spoiling my restoration thread, but I need help or it will never be done.

I stripped the chrome from the tail light reflector. I want to do the same with my headlights because it has water damage as well.

So I have all of my lamps split open. At this point the ONLY thing I need to complete this is to have a good, durable, heat resistant slivering applied to the reflectors.

How do I do this? I don’t want to even consider a peel-n-stick option.

I have seen somebody on here that restores the headlights and even paint-matches parts of the reflectors to the body paint. Wish I could find that thread so I could ask him.

What’s the BEST lens restoration as well? I polished my headlights but stopped at 3k and then a paste but there’s some lines that show if you look closely. Any tips?

Any other lamp tips?

3044183F-5828-4BD6-930A-03C997E3F3C8.jpeg

B4A3C48D-34A5-4634-BC43-7E0A45AB5CEE.jpeg

62D147AD-FE1E-4249-98BC-666B8D13FBD0.jpeg

2. slowmkviii

slowmkviii Dedicated LVC Member

A thought

3. LandYachts

LandYachts Active LVC Member

Right, I’ve seen a few spray-on processes but whatever method I would like to have done by a professional. This way if it’s screwed up I can blame them, and so it’s done in a booth.