i know what i'm doing next!! :D

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
just cant decide which one i like better... blue or white, blue or white, blue or white.

i dont think i would do them until around the same time the clear sidemarkers are available, cuz it wouldnt look right with orange sidemarkers, clear corners, and angel eyes. gotta do the whole package!!!

who has the blue, and who has the white ccfl's...?
and whoever doesnt have either one, i'd like to hear some opinions on which would look best on a white ls...

hmmm... blue or white??? :feedback

ccfl blue vs white.jpg

I would have to agree with the white. I don't have either one, but white on your white car would look hot.

yes, stick with one color. Go white.
My angel eyes are white (thanks Ken!) but my angel eye on my foglight is blue. It looks like an overkill so I just turn on my foglight so you cant tell I have angel on my foglight. I'll take some pictures over this weekend. a lesson in how color mis-matching isnt good idea on lights.

loveLSE said:
yes, stick with one color. Go white.
My angel eyes are white (thanks Ken!) but my angel eye on my foglight is blue. It looks like an overkill so I just turn on my foglight so you cant tell I have angel on my foglight. I'll take some pictures over this weekend. a lesson in how color mis-matching isnt good idea on lights.

yeah, i wouldnt be THAT crazy!! :N

i'm def. gonna go with white. i've thought about it, thanks for the second opinions everyone!

you have the ccfls from ken... how is the night visibility? i know nothing about these lights, but do you keep the regular lights on too along with the ccfl rings lit too?? or is it just the ccfl rings...? dumb question, but i cant see how those rings would provide enough light... i've never seen the aftermarket ones on an ls up close in person... :steering

Angel eye from Ken is awesome.It's pretty bright but you would still need to turn on the headlights.I dont know if you can see the rings with lights on. maybe from far distance.
CCFL rings are very bright. even during day time I can see the reflection off of front car at a traffic stop. I'll definitely post some pics.
let you all see how angel eye on both headlight and foglight looks.
:slam

loveLSE said:
Angel eye from Ken is awesome.It's pretty bright but you would still need to turn on the headlights.I dont know if you can see the rings with lights on. maybe from far distance.
CCFL rings are very bright. even during day time I can see the reflection off of front car at a traffic stop. I'll definitely post some pics.
let you all see how angel eye on both headlight and foglight looks.
:slam

i would love to see the pics.

Believe it or not both colors produce the same amount of light. They both are very bright. The reason to go with the blue is to differentiate between the headlights and the angel eyes. I've been running the blue version and it's a lot more noticable when the lights are on.

GrayGhost1 said:
Believe it or not both colors produce the same amount of light. They both are very bright. The reason to go with the blue is to differentiate between the headlights and the angel eyes. I've been running the blue version and it's a lot more noticable when the lights are on.

you have a valid point there..... if the clear sidemarkers are available in a month or 2 (about when i would be getting the angel eyes) i would like the blue. but the blue would look tacky with everything clear, and only the sidemarkers orange... so i dont know yet. now i'm even more undecisive!! :Bang i've got over a month to decide...

:L ... so many things i want, yet so little money!! :(

I have blue and like them a lot, they look more white with the lows on, and more blue when parking lights are only on. I have a white LS, and have alsways thought that white and blue look real nice together.

SurfjaxLS said:
I have blue and like them a lot, they look more white with the lows on, and more blue when parking lights are only on. I have a white LS, and have alsways thought that white and blue look real nice together.

pics??
and see if you can take a pic of what they look like with the regular lights on and just running the angel eyes alone..

luckieleo said:
pics??
and see if you can take a pic of what they look like with the regular lights on and just running the angel eyes alone..

:GotPics:

eyes light.JPG

eyes dark.JPG

SurfjaxLS said:
:GotPics:

hey, looks good, well actually looks evil! :) those are DEMON eyes... muahaahaah!!!
thanks!

the ones i would get are ccfl and they are brighter so they dont look as blue... also, you only have rings around the hi-beams... i think it would look better with rings around both hi & low beams...ill see if i can photoshop something real quick so i could get an idea of how it would look w/both...

where'd you buy them? did you put the rings in yourself, or did you buy em with the rings in them & just hook them up? was it difficult..?

luckieleo said:
hey, looks good, well actually looks evil! :) those are DEMON eyes... muahaahaah!!!
thanks!

the ones i would get are ccfl and they are brighter so they dont look as blue... also, you only have rings around the hi-beams... i think it would look better with rings around both hi & low beams...ill see if i can photoshop something real quick so i could get an idea of how it would look w/both...

where'd you buy them? did you put the rings in yourself, or did you buy em with the rings in them & just hook them up? was it difficult..?

I actually had rings for both the low and high beams, but liked the look of 2 more, my preference.

I made them myself using some acrylic rod, lighted wire similar to ccfl, just not as bright, and a little soldering action. It wasn't too bad, maybe 2 hours of work. I may switch them out with red or blue ccfl if I feel like it in the future.

Members online

Back