I know we hate talking about HID's

So the HID bulbs are already in the case behind the projector lense? Sounds like they cut some of the work for these retro fits. Looks tempting

That can't be easier than just replacing the bulb and installing the ballast.

He's talking aabout projectors. Its seems like this would be easier to retrofit than other projector retro fits because the bulb is not held in by a case with the projector like this one, its separate. Yeah a HID kit is easier to install than a projector retro since its plug and play, no special mounting except for the ballast, but he's comparing two HID projectors, the regular ones and this one, not hid kit vs projector

AWESOME FIND!! ive got the page bookmarked and will purchase shortly for my mark! i was actually compiling a parts list to do my own retrofit!!

Nothing beats a Gen I LS with HIDs and Angel Eyes. I get more looks when I drive my LS at dawn or dusk when I roll with the parking lights which means the angel eyes are glowing.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

That can't be easier than just replacing the bulb and installing the ballast.

He's talking aabout projectors. Its seems like this would be easier to retrofit than other projector retro fits because the bulb is not held in by a case with the projector like this one, its separate. Yeah a HID kit is easier to install than a projector retro since its plug and play, no special mounting except for the ballast, but he's comparing two HID projectors, the regular ones and this one, not hid kit vs projector

exactly. It may be a little more difficult that the standard plug and play, but this is by far the easiest projector retrofit I've seen.

I'll be ordering shortly. Just wondering whether to go blue or white rings. I don't want it really blue though, so who knows.

Go white, Didn;t you say you were out of the show off stage, liked being more subtle, something along those lines. The white just looks super clean.

Projectors aren't my thing but that looks awesome for those of you looking for them. Not a bad price and an easier install then retrofiting OEM projectors from another car.

Go white, Didn;t you say you were out of the show off stage, liked being more subtle, something along those lines. The white just looks super clean.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking. I remember when I bought my 6000K bulbs. I was worried those would be too blue. I'm gonna shoot them an email and ask what kelvin rating they would say matches closest to the white and blue rings, and make my decision from there.

Cool. I might be up for this mod as well. My hids arrive next week :D

So, these replace your existing headlights? Or do you have to modify the housing to accept the projector?

So, these replace your existing headlights? Or do you have to modify the housing to accept the projector?

Its a projector retrofit. you can't just replace your head light with these, there will be a big hole in your hood. It just seems like an easier retrofit because this projector comes with its case with the bulbs inside and already separated at the right distance in its case, before you would have to rig something up to mount the projector and get it at the right distance from the bulbs to try and get good light output. This one is a more complete kit a guess you could say, you would still need to retrofit into the headlight but wont need to mess with the dsitance like before.

DSC_0066.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

who remembers that one? I love that picture!

When I first saw his other pictures I wasn't impressed with the light output, I said to myself, that just look like as much light output as my halogens, but then I realized that his car was actually that little little red dot down there and was like WOW OMFG THAT IS SOME :q:q:q:qING SERIOUS OUTPUT!!!! This is a legit retro fit

Yea I remember those photos. I too did not initially realize he was like far away on a cliff taking that lol.

Yeah, that was skizot722's LS. Awesome install, awesome output. I'm not going through that much work though.

I was just in there fitting some HID shields to reduce glare. The cap on the low beam is just held in by a small torx screw. remove that, mount the projector, and probably mount an alignment system, and hook up the ballast.

Now, you will have to take apart the housing to do this I assume, so this may be just a grey sealant gen 1 thing.

I wonder if those projectors would fit in the fog light housing?

skizot722's retrofit project was VERY involved but the results are nothing short of amazing!

Its a projector retrofit. you can't just replace your head light with these, there will be a big hole in your hood...

I have never seen any hid systems or retrofit kits that required holes in the hood

I have never seen any hid systems or retrofit kits that required holes in the hood

he asks if these replace the headlights, he thought you could get rid of the stock headlight housing and stick two of these on the car and be done with it so thats why I said these are retro fitted into the car's headlights not a replacement for them. If you some how mount these without a retro fit into the headlights and get rid of the headlights there will be a hole in the hood where the stock headlight should be because only two small projectors will take its place.

The only thing I don't like about the retrofits from them is the light output is not even (when comparing to OEM projectors).

Otherwise, they seem pretty slick.

(haha, I am bumping old lighting threads tonight)

The only thing I don't like about the retrofits from them is the light output is not even (when comparing to OEM projectors).

Otherwise, they seem pretty slick.

(haha, I am bumping old lighting threads tonight)

That can't be true since you are using OEM parts... A properly aligned retro will have even light output just as good as OEM.

DSC02758mod.JPG

Screen shot 2009-12-28 at 11.50.53 PM.jpg

Members online

Back