I have a bit of a problem

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So lately my car developed a whistling sound coming from somewhere in the motor... It sounds like an air leak... Mostly coming from the passenger side of the motor? It’s driving me crazy!! Maybe someone knows what’s going on?!?!the sound is mostly heard inside of the car.. cant hear it as much outside of the car.. Well thanks for your time!!

not too sure how the lses are, but my mark made a nasty whistling sound after it sat for awhile, all it was on mine was the idler pulley, does the sound go away after you rev it a little, or is it always there?

Does the sound go away if you turn the climate control off?

the sound is persistant... it sounds louder the more i rev it..

and by climate control you mean like the a/c and all that other jnk off? then its a yes.. it keeps going!

I'm gonna have to unless someone has had the same prob.. ughh college classes are overwhelming!!!

I have a whistle that is heard outside... Sometimes changing the A/C and defrost w/ no A/C etc makes it go away...

I am sure it is something to do with the compressor.

hopefully i get a chance to mess with it over the weekened.. if anyone has any more ideas PLS!!! and thak you

last noise my LS made that was similar turned out to be an alternator. The alternator itself was putting out a charge but the bearings went in it.

its weird because the sound comes and goes... might be alternator?!?! the more i rev the more it sounds... maybe? its not the A/C thing you guys suggested i tried it a million times... it seems to sound more when its hot.. doesnt really make the sound in the mornings

If you put the car in park, does it hiss? And if you put it in drive does it hiss?

Now the last question is from the time the car shifts from park to drive, does the hissing stop for that brief second?

i had an annoying whistling sound as well. it took me forever to find it but it turns out that it was the crankcase ventilation hose. the connector broke somehow and was letting air leak from the hose. I just replaced it and problem solved.

hole in the exhaust, i had a small whole in my header and when i would stomp on it people thought it was boost but it wouldnt whistle until like 5k so i told people it was a 35r XP

I will try that tomorrow morning pagluy...

devunn where was the hose placed in the motor?

it doesnt sound like an exahust leakk i havent had any time to look at it.. it sure drives me crazy though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back