I hate to ask but I have a window regulator question

Bildabo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I just replaced my pass front window regulator. Wasn't too difficult since there have been so many threads about it. I got everything back together and the window goes up and down nice and smooth but it doesn't like to stay all the way up. If I mess with it, I can get it all the closed but lets say I try the auto up feature, once it closes it comes back down to half way, like it thinks theres something in the way.

I saw the thread where Joegr says the following

"Lower the window all the way with the switch.

Press and hold the switch in the auto up position. Continue to hold the switch until five seconds after the window is all the way closed. The auto up/down functions should work correctly after that."

but if I try that, when it rolls all the way to the top, it automatically comes down to the half way point. I'm sure I'm missing something dumb here but I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated!

You may have to separate the window motor from the regulator. Raise the window all the way and press the auto up button. After the motor stops moving, reconnect it to the regulator. However, the re-initialize procedure should have worked. (Be sure to keep holding the switch in the fully down position a few seconds after it is fully down.)

Thanks for the help Joe!! I tried that last night and it worked great!!

Members online

Back