I got Tricked !!!

AMs aren't that great. They're fancy Jaguars, which are basically fancy Fords. Kinda like a Lincoln! :p :shifty:

Right, the DBS, what a piece of crap.

Ford doesn't own Aston Martin anymore THANK THE HOLY HEAVENS.

Lincoln is confussed sadly.

They would have had to stick with the LS to build a real reputation for it, would have takin more than 6 years. Better yet they should have called it the Mark LS. That way they would have kept the Mark thing alive. Sure Mark owners would have boohood but they did anyway. Now we have this MK thing going. No wonder my car gets recognized for what its not more than what it is. No wonder people think of Town Cars and Continentals when they hear Lincoln. They keep changing it up and a typical person isn't sure what a Lincoln is anymore.

They were on a good track in 2000 and lost there way.

The MKS is a little big for what the LS competed against. To small for the Town Car buyers. I like it but again they seem to be searching for some new buyers, will they stick with it.

A Mustang based Lincoln 4 door was not a unheard of concept and could of worked.

A Mustang based Lincoln 4 door was not a unheard of concept and could of worked.

We can dream can't we. Apparentely that concept is too hard for FMC big wigs to grasp. I'd swear some car companies are out to destroy themselves and purposely lose money.

i see a lot of members speaking hp numbers when comparing cars and such. One thing i hardly see, which i think is far more important is the crash-testing view. i don't know about you guys but i feel really safe behind the wheel of my LS. especially from all the pics of members showing wrecked LS's. i'm not saying i wouldn't like to drive a BMW or better but i'm currently fine with my LS with it's limited after market parts. at the end of the day if a car goes really fast (more hp), there are going to be people that crash at those higher speeds and i'd like to think that my LS would hold better off in that situation than some other imports

I was trying to avoid this thread but I keep finding my way back to it.
The 335i is a very impressive car my buddy had one with the vishnu chip, aftermarket rear and I installed the riss racing catless down pipes. The car was very fast and handled very well. The engine developed quite a noise and I had to remove the dps twice to return it for warranty issues. The car was making insane Horsepower.
I got him at a light once for about 15 feet with my little six due to his turbo lag.
That and the non-BMW solved problems inspired him to trade it in on a brand new M3.
I like the cars just not he price tag.

Actually the 330i is faster than the gen2 LS8 and the 540i is faster too.

Car and Driver's results for 03-05 zhp 330i are 0-60 5.6 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.2 seconds.

Actually My best friens has an 03 330 with sport package and I have raced several times and trust it is not faster than my 03LS V8 (magazine racing again eh?) I did say not the 540 models or the M5 please pay attention:rolleyes:

Actually My best friens has an 03 330 with sport package and I have raced several times and trust it is not faster than my 03LS V8 (magazine racing again eh?) I did say not the 540 models or the M5 please pay attention:rolleyes:

Then he has an automatic because my friends 330 standard spanked me in my 03 V8.

And the LS was meant to directly compete with the 540.

I don't get all this pmsing over whose car is faster. You all drive discontinued former luxury sport cars (compared to cars today.) Times change. How fast a Lincoln LS can go compared to other cars is semantics and considering you can do very little to make it faster, it is what it is, enjoy or get rid of it and get something faster with more potential. Just like HyeLife haha or Kelleyo

Then he has an automatic because my friends 330 standard spanked me in my 03 V8.

And the LS was meant to directly compete with the 540.

I don't get all this pmsing over whose car is faster. You all drive discontinued former luxury sport cars (compared to cars today.) Times change. How fast a Lincoln LS can go compared to other cars is semantics and considering you can do very little to make it faster, it is what it is, enjoy or get rid of it and get something faster with more potential. Just like HyeLife haha or Kelleyo

+1!!!

What I don't get are people telling these kill stories of the obvious or people forgetting that we own the same car and tell these kill stories of cars that would leave ours standing still.

Really this is a great car but its no super car! When I was in the market for a car at the time I picked up my LS I wanted something with loads of power. For what I paid for the LS when I bought it I could have got a decent used car that could put out as much horse power but still kill the LS but you know what? I saw it thought it looked nice and decided thats all I needed in a car besides how safe I also feel in it like Rick said.

Exactly, you get what you pay for which is, sad to say, an outdated luxury car with a formerly powerful engine. Albeit, they are pretty cheap now and easy to find but to me in the world of cars, you absolutely get what you pay for whether it's luxury, performance, safety, or service. Maybe it's fun to race another car and feel the raw pull of the massive 3.9L but the amount of cars that can be raced and successfully beaten by an LS is becoming narrower by the day.

I realised this the day cars with V6's and turbo 4's started beating me and then even more so when I found out those cars hold their value much better, are safer, easier to upgrade, and are more luxurious which unfortunately is almost true of any foreign over domestic now.

The LS is slowly turning into a niche car.

Google bmw 5 series crash test results.
or, try taking a group of friends on an overnight trip or even for a day out in a 3 series. I've done it. It's cramped. Handled bad ass though. I got to sit on the hump back seat and had to balance a coke while my friend carved up a road in the bmw.
I dont know about some people here, but I plan to keep my LS and do whatever mods necessary to keep up with modern "0-60" times

Members online

Back