I got Tricked !!!

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My brothers wife has a '07 BMW 335i. He lives in a brand new neighborhood which has only a few houses built so far but plenty of wide open empty streets. I got into a debate about the LS and his BMW. I figured his beamer only had the straight six which is only good for about 230-250 hp, so i promised my LS would take it as brothers are bound to due. We went to a straight EMPTY road and lined up. My LS didnt even come close !!! After being laughed at and returning to his house he revealed that the new 335i has a turbo'd six that stock has 300 hp, and he has a factory Dinan preprogram that pushes the HP close to 380hp, and thats just a computer reflash that still allows the car to fall under regular factory warranty. I couldnt wait to park my ass in the drivers seat....I'm sold. BMW truly is the "Ultimate Driving Experience". Our domestic cars are such crap in comparison and not just regarding drivability. I know BMW is a step up in class/price ($650/month), but to me its worth every single cent and then some. To those on here who already have BMW's, CONGRATS. I now think the LS is going to be the last domestic car that i will own. To those that can afford it....LOSE the american cars, they are sooooo behind.

I hear ya. The 335 with just a reprogram can run 12's. Once Ford comes out with its TwinForce that may be the ONLY domestic car I ever buy again.

I'm never buying domestic again. I might spring for a new TL once they finally go on sale.

I'm never buying domestic again. I might spring for a new TL once they finally go on sale.

I was sitting at a long light the other day and was next to a new TL, so i got to stare for awhile. Nice cars. The styling is great, the factory wheels look nice, his windows werent tinted so i could see the interior which looked really nice, very nice overall car. Its like domestic cars are still the picture tube tv's of the car world and everything else are the plasma flatscreens. Domestic is just not keeping up with new,fresh styling and looking towards the future. The new MKS is a step in the right direction but to me its still what the foriegn cars were a year or two ago. The same with fashion and electronics, cars need to be a few years ahead of whats currently in style.

I love my LS, when i see it in a parking lot shining in the sun it still looks good and i'll be happy driving it, but after finding its current value i'm gonna ride out my current loan and look forward to buying something else. With all my friends etc. going the Lexus, Audi, BMW, Infiniti route there is no way i'm going domestic.

And the hell with the whole current trend of buying gas friendly, all the high mpg cars look like little bubbles. The prototype Chevy Volt from way back looked badass and now the production model looks like a bubble. I dont care what the price of gas is or what it might be in the future, i'm not driving a little bubble with 14" wheels. Not happening.

I have been around since the American turbo days of the 84 Turbo Z Daytona with was FAST as hell with minimal mods but was in the junkyard a year later. I havent been able to trust any fast domestic turbo cars since with reliability. The CTS-V has the same feel as the Neon SRT-4 to me, fast but will fall apart after 1 year.

The new Caddy's just aren't that great IMO. They look nice and all, but the quality just isn't up to par.

(no pun intended)

BMW is better then Mb in only ONE way... the fact you can still get manuals. i drove a 335i with the dinan chip also. car had so much driveability that i didnt even notice till the owner told me!

id much rather have a MB over a BEEMER tho

There is only one Turbo american car i still WILL buy and it was from the 80's, a '86-'87 Buick Grand National. Saw one the other day and they still look mean as hell and fast. Also very easy to work on.

I drove the 05' 745Li 4 days ago and i tell you what, talk about no control at
all...steering sucks as heck resisting sharp turns...and those small stock
wheels that they got chirps at take off the same way my 20's chirps...and
what the heck do you think about the stupid engineered door unlocking to
only work on the first door to open only and you gotta reach all the way to
the middle console to push that stupid sneaky button to unlock all the
doors...I felt like smashing all of the buttons...sure, why not put our memory
seats buttons on the passenger side and tell me how it feels......

plus this is gay...the stupid stupid stupid electronic shifter, are you kidding me?
behind the steering wheel and it's short as hell making you dig into the back of
the steering wheel to control the tranny? and possible to break one day and you
won't be able to drive the car......

I drove the 05' 745Li 4 days ago and i tell you what, talk about no control at
all...steering sucks as heck resisting sharp turns...and those small stock
wheels that they got chirps at take off the same way my 20's chirps...and
what the heck do you think about the stupid engineered door unlocking to
only work on the first door to open only and you gotta reach all the way to
the middle console to push that stupid sneaky button to unlock all the
doors...I felt like smashing all of the buttons...sure, why not put our memory
seats buttons on the passenger side and tell me how it feels......

You drove a 7-series, which is for those with more money then sense. Try driving a BMW that is still a "drivers machine" before you form an opinion.

I had a 530 and everytime I got into it all I thought was underpowered. The car had leatherette, just like all BMW's. I bought the car for the name and I was highly disappointed. My buddy had the 745 and was disappointed also. I live in the northeast, And those Beamers werent meant for rain and snow. My buddy actually traded his in for the cherokee SRT. thats a bad ass truck.

My Lincoln LSE was the first domestic car I have purchased in over 20 years. I own two BMWs, a 1980 Euro 635 CSI that I brought back from Germany way back in 1982 and a 1987 M6 I acquired just over 2 years ago. I must warn you that BMWs are addicting. The LS I bought was the first domestic car that ever had the value for the money and handling that tempted me to buy domestic. For the more that 25 years that I drove my BMWs I was never able to justify the price of new cars (including BMWs) when compared with the car I already owned.

Yea especially the older Bimmers with manuals, oh man can't get better than that, smooth powerful great sounding inline 6s, great handling, quite ride and classic looks.

Fla, was the 335i manual? 2 door? The manual of those cars are so much nicer to drive than the autos, although almost equally fast.

i realize that this thread is about bimmers, but i pick up my 2008 infiniti g37 on friday. 330 horse 289 lb/ft of tourqe out of the box. Runs with the 335i and is about 10k cheaper with the same options. I got the car with a bose sound system stock 19's heated seats leather and the paddles and much more for under 38k with .9% financing. The 335i is faster off the line, but the infiniti handles better when you start hitting the curves

Fla, was the 335i manual? 2 door? The manual of those cars are so much nicer to drive than the autos, although almost equally fast.

It was a six speed manual and was the 4-door sedan, it was the "family car" for him. I think the 335i turbo has some different styling than the non-turbo model as far as hood shape, rocker/bumper molding, grill, taillights etc. Might just be the 335i vs. the 328i, maybe he has a sport package? I had a six speed LT1 and this car was waaay smoother shifting, no brainer. The brakes grab like crazy i might mention also. The sound when it spools up is pretty impressive too, not overwhelming and tacky but just enough to let you know there's alittle something extra under the hood. I was impressed also that it was fairly roomy compared to the LS. I'm not small yet i felt comfortable. Another great benefit of BMW is the free maintanence. Just put gas in it and go, thats it. As you can tell i am still blown away, and its not like the LS is an economy car or something.

i had a 04 g35 6 speed and it got stolen now i drive a 00 ls6 both are v6's my g35 was pushing 320hp that car was fast and i loved it now when i drive the ls6 i just relax bc its a lincoln. wish i had the v8

BMW is better then Mb in only ONE way... the fact you can still get manuals
Yes, regrettably Mercedes offers a manual in only 2 cars. And at that you can't get them with the big engines. :(

They could really cut into the BMW buyers market if they would stick a 6 speed manual in the new C63. It would also be nice if they made a manual option for the CLK, CLS, E class sport, and the new GLK compact SUV which hasn't hit the lots yet.

Mercedes could hold its own in the "drivers" car market if they'd start making some manuals, but until then, BMW will dominate it.

Members online

Back