I got a problem guys... did a bit of a video for ya.

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here goes the last things that have happened to the car.

4 Weeks ago: I replaced the sway bar end links to stock links. Around this time I start hearing power steering noises when I turn the wheel... think it's a leak.
3 weeks ago :Start hearing a loud clunk in front. It's final's week so I borrowed my mom's car and waited to fix it. After finals were over I found that the sway bar bracket holding the sway bar to the frame had ripped. I replaced it.
2 weeks ago: My mother had used my car and hit a curb with the back right tire going 50mph (says she doesn't remember hitting front tire). Ruins the hub.
Today: I replace hub.

Try to drive car and I feel a grinding noise when I'm turning the wheel.. (this feeling wasn't there when I parked the car 4 days ago). The noise in the video I'm thinking might be the alternator (8 mths old) as that's the area is sounds like it's coming from.

Video:

th_20130104_142934.jpg

u can always try a stethoscope to localize the noise, works good with FEAD's
----
I'm pretty sure it's not the tape on the x-over to therm hose :shifty:

Jeeze that thing makes a gawdawful noise! Sounds like there is something vibrating against metal really badly, or the power steering pump is completely toasted. Drain some PS fluid out and put in Lucs oil power steering fix. That stuff is killer. My power steering was leaking somewhere out of the rack itself and the pump on my GT was also whining badly even when full and after about a bottle of that stuff as it got empty, now its happy.

If you can't use a stethoscope, use a long flathead screwdriver and put the handle to your ear and listen to wherever the noise is loudest

take the belt off and start spinning the accessory pulleys. if one of them feels grindy and awful, that's probably it.

I feel pretty dumb guys... if you look at the video you will see the reservoir looks full but in fact it was empty... found that the reservoir cap was leaking fluid. duh...

I feel pretty dumb guys... if you look at the video you will see the reservoir looks full but in fact it was empty... found that the reservoir cap was leaking fluid. duh...
where was your leak?

leaking from the CAP??? how does that happen?
----
good trolling weather today Captain Sassy Pants?
:F

Cap had gonorrhea!

btw, its Pillow Pants to you, I'm the right kinda troll

re; that God-awful noise in the o.p. vid: 2 days ago, when I finally finished my month long oil flt ad gask replace and collateral radi repair, refilled drained fluids and started the engine, it made a noise 5x that bad, with a grinding clicking flavor...I thought for sure my engine was on it's way out...I topped off the PS resevoir, then after about 5 minutes it started purring like normal....wtf???:eek:

re; that God-awful noise in the o.p. vid: 2 days ago, when I finally finished my month long oil flt ad gask replace and collateral radi repair, refilled drained fluids and started the engine, it made a noise 5x that bad, with a grinding clicking flavor...I thought for sure my engine was on it's way out...I topped off the PS resevoir, then after about 5 minutes it started purring like normal....wtf???:eek:

What did you use for power steering fluid?

Members online

Back