I Fixed My Car With A Zip Tie

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i startd a thread a while back about how to fix the quick 2-3 shift on the mark 7 and got a response back from Oldschool which was a great description of how to fix the problem but was also very time consuming. :Bang the process involved moving a little black box on the shift linkage at the throttle body one notch at a time then driving the car to see if it fixed the problem and after about 30 or so tries it would be fixed.

i fixed mine this weekend and it took all of about 30 seconds. how did i accomplish this feet you may ask, i was down one of my buddy's houses and was telling him about how i was gonna go about fixing the problem to which he started scraching his head and saying "no way you dont have to do all that work" he then proceeds to go in the house and comes back out with a zip tie. then he pulls the throttle cable out of its housing and loops the zip tie around it, sinches it tight and release's the cable. this causes the cable to stick out about a 1/8 of an inch or (what ever the width of a small zip tie is) and we go out for a drive.

the difference is day and night. before, when shifting the car manually the 2-3 shift was instantanious but now the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd at about 5 grand (perfect) :monkey: . so essentially we ended up moving the cable forward but didnt have to go through the headache of moving that little box notch by notch until we got the desired results. awsome little trick that makes the car much more fun to drive for us guys who havent droped in a 5 speed yet.

i'm sure some of you guys already know this trick but i couldnt find it in any old threads so if this helps anybody out i'll be glad.

:L even more now.

Members online

Back