I Do Not Understand...

niehues23

LVC Member
Reaction score
While I go through previous threads, why do I read some say 20's rub while others with a complete system in the trunk or springs say there is no rub at all?? Is there a difference between the 00-02 and 03+ or is there another reasonable explanation?? I just don't understand...

Every set of springs sit a little different. I have rubbing in the front right now with an Eibach kit and 20's but that is because the wheel wells had to be modified to fit the lambo doors. They are going to be cut some more tomorrow to fix the problem. Other than that no rubbing. My Eibach kit doesnt seem as low as some others here though. I just think it happens to be the set of springs you get.

Yeah it is odd, there are quite a few Lincoln LS's on CarDomain with 22's without any modifications and no rubbing problems.

i have 20s and i get all rubbing. big bumps on the highway, people in the car or not i still get rubbin. my fender is fckud. im not sure if its cause its a sport or not. it rubs. ive taken it to all shops and they cant figure it out.

many factors, first is your springs. how old are they, how do they sit, next is the tire you are running, many tires the same size are just different enough to rub or not. my 20s just rub on big bumps, that is with an extra 200 or so lbs in the back. width of the rims and tires, 20s come in 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, and so on. talked to a lot of guys with eibach springs, they say as time goes by, they start to sink until they are broken in. also if they do rub the ls has enough inner fender to shave it or roll it so they dont rub. as far as 22s thats not my style, but if you have a 22x8.0 with about a 30 series you can make them fit, with minimal mods. any bigger they will rub alot when you turn. the black part of the inner fender can easily be cut, bent, or even taken off, but i wouldnt recommend it.

Offset is a big factor as well. Any offset lower than 40mm might rub.

Members online

Back