I desperately need help with this!

KenRosier

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I desperately need help with this. I have been doing research for three months trying to find a way to add an AUX input to my factory headend unit and there doesn’t seem to be anything out there that will work with my LS. I have a 2002 with the factory Audiophile in-dash 6-disk CD changer. This is the option that has the aux amp and two subs on the rear deck. The unit that says Alpine 6-Disk changer on the CD door. I have investigated all of the hardware made by PAC and P.E.I. as well as several others and all of the ones made to fit the ‘02 Lincoln LS specifically say “NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY UNITS WITH THE IN-DASH CD CHANGER”. If you have the remote glove compartment changer or no changer you’re ok. And I don’t need the unit that allows you to access playlist from the preset controls, just a typical aux input for XM, Serius or an iPod.

Is there anyone out there that has the exact same factory unit that has found a successful way to do thus? If so please tell me the exact hardware part numbers, etc. In this day and age I can’t imagine an optional factory system that wouldn’t already include this option but that neither here nor there. Thanks in advance for your help.

The frdn-aux is all you need. I could have sworn i already posted this when i installed mine. Your reading too much with the descriptions and all. Use the link above and buy it already.

That's the same unit Quick told me to buy and it works perfect. I have an 02 in dash CD changer just as you. Go buy it!

Fla02LS said:
The frdn-aux is all you need. I could have sworn i already posted this when i installed mine. Your reading too much with the descriptions and all. Use the link above and buy it already.

That's interesting. All of the literature says this model is “NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY UNITS WITH THE IN-DASH CD CHANGER”. Well I guess I'll go for it.

I was wondering, if you install this product what button on the deck do you push to switch to the mp3

LikeNew02 said:
I was wondering, if you install this product what button on the deck do you push to switch to the mp3

You can either press your CD button or the Media button on the steering wheel. You will see "DJ" and that is your Aux input.

KenRosier said:
That's interesting. All of the literature says this model is “NOT COMPATIBLE WITH FACTORY UNITS WITH THE IN-DASH CD CHANGER”. Well I guess I'll go for it.
"NOT compatible with 2003-2005 vehicles equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit that are NOT equipped with external CD changer capabilities". That is a cutout from the weblink. That doesnt include you.

Another question

I have a 02 LS with the Audiophile and am looking at using one of the AUX adapters. Before I spend the money I went to see what the H/U did when I hit the CD button twice. I didn't get the "No DJ" message!!

Will the adapter still work? Will it only work with certain models of the 6 Disc in-dash Alpine Audiophile system? How do you get the exact H/U model number from the system? Sorry for the questions guys, I really can't stand the sound the iPOD puts out with a FM adapter.:confused:

MidGALS said:
I have a 02 LS with the Audiophile and am looking at using one of the AUX adapters. Before I spend the money I went to see what the H/U did when I hit the CD button twice. I didn't get the "No DJ" message!!

Will the adapter still work? Will it only work with certain models of the 6 Disc in-dash Alpine Audiophile system? How do you get the exact H/U model number from the system? Sorry for the questions guys, I really can't stand the sound the iPOD puts out with a FM adapter.:confused:

the headunit senses if the adapter is present - so it only displays the 'DJ' setting if you have the adapter plugged iin.

BTW: - it's the media button that cycles through the options and includes the 'dj' option if available.

Does this same product work with H/U that has the glove box 6-disc changer?

maybe this question has been answered b4 but i was wondering if i have any auxillary outputs on the back of my stock deck. i was hoping not to have to change the deck out in order to install subs. i have a 2001 ls with the in dash 6 disc cd changer. thanx

I'm with gixxerboi on this one. I need to find some way to hook up my subs w/o changing the stock disk changer. Someone please help/inform us on how to do this.

nope - no jacks on the back of the stock head.

do you have the factory subs?

no i dont think so only the speakers in the doors that i know of

what is it u are tryin to do? jus so u can use the CD changer or something on the factory headunit?... still got the problem? i know something u can use but i forgot the exact name.. i can ask someone at work if u like

im trying to install a subwoofer and amplifier without the hassle of purchasing a new deck

Members online

No members online now.
Back