I broke something...not sure what

Do the easy access and memory functions still work?

im not sure what you mean by easy access, but the memory function will work, but it does not move the steering wheel at all...just the seat.

I think that it is this, which is bad news.

14A605 Potentiometer Assy **4A605- Not Serviced Separately, Serviced Only In 3C529 Assy

3C529 Column Assy - Steering **4Z-3C529-KA Automatic Transmission 03/1999 to 11/2002 1
$889.44

Junkyard maybe?

14A605 Potentiometer Assy **4A605- Not Serviced Separately, Serviced Only In 3C529 Assy

3C529 Column Assy - Steering **4Z-3C529-KA Automatic Transmission 03/1999 to 11/2002 1
$889.44

Junkyard maybe?

i just choked on my beer....dear god

any foreseeable ramifications to not replacing this part?

i just choked on my beer....dear god

any foreseeable ramifications to not replacing this part?

No easy exit feature for the steering wheel.
No memory feature for the steering wheel.
Adjustment of the steering wheel position will be a pain since you will have to keep wiggling the joystick.

i will check with local yards to see if i can find a replacement...

my son is very tall so he would have the steering wheel as far back as possible, so i don't see a huge issue issue with not replacing this part...although, i do want all the features working.

thanks guys for your help, i will let you know if i find a replacement.

i will check with local yards to see if i can find a replacement...

my son is very tall so he would have the steering wheel as far back as possible, so i don't see a huge issue issue with not replacing this part...although, i do want all the features working.

thanks guys for your help, i will let you know if i find a replacement.

The whole steering column shows up on eBay from time to time. That might be a way to go.

there is a salvage yard i am band from,lol please dont ask why,hehe that has this year LS.i will have my buddy check for it an see if we can get it for you.

btw i sent a good portion of your conversion kit on saturday.i believe you should have it today

there is a salvage yard i am band from,lol please dont ask why,hehe that has this year LS.i will have my buddy check for it an see if we can get it for you.

btw i sent a good portion of your conversion kit on saturday.i believe you should have it today

thanks man, but i will look around here first..

i got your parts today, i will send you a PM later!

$889.44

Junkyard maybe?

One dealership called it a "Steering Column Position Sensor". I think the correct description would be Potentiometer or rheostat. I'm pretty sure this part is used only when using the memory functions for the steering wheel, outside mirrors and seats. If you look at it closer, there is a metal pin which slides the potentiometer back and forth which probably measures the telescope position of the steering wheel. Why that part is so long and rides way back on top of the aluminum bracket beats me. It appears to be mounted at another point back there and wedged down from the upper aluminum bracket.

Further inspection of this electrical interface indicates it is under engineered for strength as the black housing should take the forces when plugging in and unplugging the 4 pin connector. The plastic around the perimeter of this interface is too thin. Then there's the circuit board the connector physically connects to which is microscopic where the 4 wires meet at the printed circuit board. A poor design from the start because very few mechanics will use two hands to remove this the first time and it will break. The price of this is $70 if it were available. Too bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back