hydraulic fan

right - but the burn from the caddy was the 'ugly' burn... very common with caddys. Now with your LS - it's all coooool, all the time.... ;)

122_2279.png

I never thought it looked too "ugly" :p

Still kinda wish I had it. I just got tired of fixing the f*****n thing. Real pain in the arse.

ok [/offtopic]

when you change the stat how do u make sure no air gets in to the system? is that gonna be a problem?

I had the same problem for a long time and replaced the fan clutch, thermostat and 4 trips to the dealer. It was low in coolant and just to be safe we did a sys flush and problem solved. It would do it in the city from stop light to stop light or while turning. It turned out that every time the car slowed down or I took off the level of coolant would shift and hit the level sensor and trigger a low fluid/high temp and car went to reduced engine power and misfire heaven. Never did it on the highway because I was traveling at a steady level and there was no pitch and dive motion to move the fluids and trigger the sensors. Same thing happened with the "mystery beep" that went off but never registered anything on the info center. It was always low washer fluid, but it was so brief that the info center never displayed it.

when you change the stat how do u make sure no air gets in to the system? is that gonna be a problem?

There is a proper procedure for bleeding air out of the system after you refill it with coolant. If you don't do that it will overheat with you.

ok and how would i do that ? thanks for the replys. should i be concerned about this are just change the stat??

Ok i changed the stat and it still is over heating!! anybody know what might be going on with this! I'm thinking about trying without the stat! Help

ok i printed the flush tech thats posted here and when i turn the Open the engine air bleed thing it doesn't screw all the way out. it really doesn't turn but just a little .. i did take the heater air bleed screw out and fluide did come out so i screwed it back on and i really don't know if i did anything????
It tells you to : Close the engine air bleed when coolant begins to escape, nothing escaped from this area.....HELP!!!!

Ok I'm still having trouble with the Lincoln LS its still overheating!! I'm gonna take the stat out and try to run it that way until i can figure whats going on with the LS .. I bought a new sta and thought maybe that would fix the problem. I followed the tech write up to a "T", the only thing that i couldn't do was get the plug for the bleed process to complete. i turned the heater on at full blast and it got hot(heater) and the heater bleed did produse some fluid.. does the engine air bleed plug come all the way out are do you turn it galf turn? when i try to turn it to come all the way out it doesn't.. HELP ME with the hot LS!!!!!!!

Ok I'm still having trouble with the Lincoln LS its still overheating!! I'm gonna take the stat out and try to run it that way until i can figure whats going on with the LS .. I bought a new stat and thought maybe that would fix the problem. I followed the tech write up to a "T", the only thing that i couldn't do was get the plug for the bleed process to complete. i turned the heater on at full blast and it got hot(heater) and the heater bleed did produce some fluid.. does the engine air bleed plug come all the way out are do you turn it half turn? when i try to turn it to come all the way out it doesn't.. HELP ME with the hot LS!!!!!!!

this where I'm working from!! should the 1st pic screw come all the way out???????

070709051208.jpg

070709051212.jpg

070709051256.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back