Hydraulic Fan Question

I am also starting doing some preventative maintenance on the power steering fluid and the fan fluid. If I remember correctly there is nothing in the maintenance schedule about changing those fluids. So with each oil change now I am pumping out as much fluid as my hand pump will get out of the tanks and refilling with synthetic Mercon. At least I get some of the fluid out every 5000 miles and I suspect this will help the systems last longer. Overall it might be overkill, but maintenance is cheaper than a repair.

I also started that regime on my daughter's 2000. The old fluid was looking a little funky after only about 15K miles.

I'm thinking your right about

It's much cheaper to change the fluid than the system! I'm going to do the same thing every 10k miles, its quick and easy to swap most of the fluid in the container.

i have a similar problem but mine doesn't even turn on when i start the car imma try the same thing...so i d/c the hose let it drain connected back put the sea foam in it turn it on let it run about 30 min then d/c the hose again to drain it out connect the hose again and put atf fluid back in it.. first imma try the relay though

So am I still lookin at?? A.replacing the pump. B.replacing/cleaning the actuator. C,flushing out the system wit the sea foam like I saw in a diff thread..

I'm goin to flush out the system see if that helps then if not will be replacing sum components

I'll see if I can do it this weekend cuz they're talkin bout snow over here and I'm not workin on it in those condition

Members online

No members online now.
Back