Hvac control unit 1993 mark viii comparability

tolincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What year HVAC control unit from a newer mark viii fits a 1993 mark viii.
Is it 95-96 or 97-98?

95-96 with 96 being the new button style.

Just received a 95 blue unit in the mail today to update the broken button 94 that I currently have. Hot off the fed-ex truck, haven't even had a chance to open it yet. Thanx to dnsherrill!

While we're talking about compatability, will a '97 EATC plug and play into a '95 Mark? I'd love to put the one out of my '97 into my '95 dash. I haven't had time yet to take them out and compare.

While we're talking about compatability, will a '97 EATC plug and play into a '95 Mark? I'd love to put the one out of my '97 into my '95 dash. I haven't had time yet to take them out and compare.

No, but I think you may be able to swap the face plate...

Thanks! :) I may try switching the faceplate since I'll have to replace burnt out bulbs with LED's anyway. Plus I'm too broke to buy anything...at all...:( So I'll have to make do with what I got.

The face plates use a ribbon wire to connect them to the HVAC, I don’t have a schematic for them but theoretically should be the same. A friend of mine had the face plate wired into his head liner in his 98. The ribbon went down into the glove box where the HVAC head was. It was all with 98 components though.

Hi folks,

I replaced my HVAC control unit for my 93 Mark VIII with a 95 unit or newer(?) that I got from the JY. The old unit had the worn out buttons. I scrapped the original unit. This unit was working ok until recently. It was cycling on and off w/o apparent reason but it appeared to be something to do with the fan (Hi/Lo) dial. Lazy me I figured it was easier for me to pull another one. I found a what appears to be an identical unit from a Lincoln Continental 1991. Most of the functions on this unit appear to work but whwn I push the off button the fan goes full force! The dial for the fan also...is "backwards". At any rate perhaps I switched the two identical electrical connectors in the back (?). So I will try that first before doing any thing else. Car is running great other wise and headed down to Charleston tomorrow so may have to stop at the pull-a-part in Columbia on my return! I love my Mark! Gonna get some spec tires (225/60 R16) to replace my current tires!

Try to locate one with this part number, I have been told this one should work no matter what car/year it came from.

F6LH-19C933-AE

I also have several of these in my garage collecting dust, PM me an offer if you want one.

Try to locate one with this part number, I have been told this one should work no matter what car/year it came from.

F6LH-19C933-AE

I also have several of these in my garage collecting dust, PM me an offer if you want one.

Thanks! I stopped at the Pull-a-part today in Columbia. I got one out of a 95. Have not checked it yet. The electrical connectors on the back of these units, one gray one black cannot be "switched"...my mistake on the previous post. At any rate, I will followup with what I find out with this "new" 95 Mark VIII unit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back