Hub swap rear rotor

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I searched (briefly) but could not find the answer-
after swapping hubs to 4.5'' lug pattern, is there a rotor which will be an exact fit for the rears? or is having Mark VIII rotors redrilled to 4.5'' the only option?... i.e looking for the same diameter and thickness as the Mark VIII but with the 4.5'' pattern...I thought the Probe rear was it (same diameter and lug pattern) but it's 8mm thinner and 6mm less height

on mine since they weere hub centric i just reamed the holes out in a oval shape an 1/8 inch so they fit on the lugs and hub

grind the stock rotors holes bigger. easiest. otherwise you will be dealing with centering rings and relocation brackets.

this works? good to know...as I need to do new rear brakes and my homemade relocation brackets are not allowing pads to wear evenly

it works on redrilled mark viii hubs.

if you have mustang hubs, it will not work.
the mustang center bore is larger, and you will need the larger center bore mustang rotors.

I bought mine pre-assembled off a wrecked M8: 4.5'' hubs with front splines and rear knuckles. It looks like just the rear hubs were re-drilled, but all 4 rotors were were re-bored with new holes for the 4.5'' pattern
P1120125_zps966be359.jpg

seems strange that the previous owner would rebore that front M8 rotor, but maybe that was the best choice

buy a set of relocation brackets and run the larger rear cobra rotors...11.65" and stock mark viii calipers

OR

redrill the mark viii rotors everytime you need to change them....and use the stock mark viii calipers

buy a set of relocation brackets and run the larger rear cobra rotors...11.65" and stock mark viii calipers

OR

redrill the mark viii rotors everytime you need to change them....and use the stock mark viii calipers
are the relocation brackets custom made? or can I buy those off the shelf?

they are custom parts. but someone on tccoa makes some super slick anodized aluminium pieces and has the centering rings too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back