Hub swap complete, tires bottoming out on hwy..

blowngt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finished the swap last week and took her our for a ride.

Everything is perfect, no vibrations, no squeaks.....nothing. Except I took her on the interstate and the rear sounds like it bottoms out when I hit a few dips in the road.

I'm using the Saleen wheels for the +05 cars (backspacing I was told I wanted) and 275-40-18's on 18x10" rims.

Any thoughts???

backspacing is prolly good. but even so, you might be rubbing a little. you can either trim or fender roll.

also, get some pics.

I bet you could even just remove the fender guard and be ok..the thin piece that's stuck to the curve of the 1/4 panel

backspacing is prolly good. but even so, you might be rubbing a little. you can either trim or fender roll.

also, get some pics.

Thanks.

Not the greatest, but we took them right after we finished:

markviiirt.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-03

photodpt.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-03

by there i mean hubswapped :D;)

I see said the blind man.....:)

I ended up buying a set of knuckles and had everything ready. If it wasn't for fighting the rear rotors it would have been done in a few hours.......

Good luck!!!

im doing the same thing. my knuckles are on the ride home from saturn5. great guy to deal with. what did you do to the rear rotors?

I see said the blind man.....:)

I ended up buying a set of knuckles and had everything ready. If it wasn't for fighting the rear rotors it would have been done in a few hours.......

Good luck!!!
As he picked up his hammer and saw.

im doing the same thing. my knuckles are on the ride home from saturn5. great guy to deal with. what did you do to the rear rotors?

I stuck with a set of stock rotors. When we drilled out the holes in the new bolt pattern, they weren't exactly right. It took me as long to get the drivers side rear on as it did the other 3. Just a real PITA........

Members online

No members online now.
Back