How's your mark Vlll doing this winter

I don't drive the Mark much these days, so it stays in the garage most of the time. I have taken it out once or twice in the snow. It does...OK...I guess. No traction control (abs is messed up) and being lowered doesn't help. Although, it seems like my trans shifts alot better when it's cold out...strange.

No winter problems here... Love playing in the snow with them...

Only winter problem I have is if it's snows 6" or so my 94 is screwed being that it's 1.5" lowered... She'll get on top of the snow and get hung up at times.. LOL..

Maybe that old dying 88 T-bird should become a snowmobile... Hmmmmm....

Maybe this summer I see what I need to do to get that beast running well.

My old 85 'Bird did pretty well in snow, had 50 lbs of kitty litter in the trunk and a set of Micheline Alpin tires - not too shabby - the Blizzacks were much better but they only lasted like 17K. Lead foot and soft rubber tires= $$$$

Mine was alright for the winter... drove it everyday... put the tool boxes in the trunk for weight... figure at least they're there if I need them!... had a couple coils go out... and a oil leak that was the oil filter adapter gasket... then when I got that fixed got air into the cooling system just had to get it burped... but it did pretty well only got stuck once... think the rocking it out might've toasted one of the coils I had to replace... still had to get pulled out too... sucked... not much room to hook onto on these cars... figured that anyways... oh yeah found out that the with the TC off it's a fun little car to lay down the streets sideways too :D... kinda like my old cougar I used to have with posi in the rear.. but not quite

I just picked up most of the gaskets I want to replace before I drop the new motor in. I'll be rollin in style come spring.

Mine is starting to show it's age. I think I need to do the balljoints soon. There are a bunch of other small gremlins and of course upgrages I'd like to make. But it is still an 11 year old daily driver and it's starting to look it. :(

My Mark has no garage to hide in, and so faces the full wrath of a MI winter. So far I have an oil leak, pretty sure a bad oil filter adapter gasket. And my air suspension seems to leak much faster, and ride somewhat worse, due to the cold.

factory amp crapped out a couple months ago and the alternator this morning.

my 240+k mile B2600i has been flawless :confused:

winter sucks...certainly makes me want to move.
the air ride won't leak, but still gets air in there somehow. the switch is off
takes too long to start, heat sucks, etc. can't wait for the warmth..or some money to take the mark down south.

The white '98 is doing yeoman's work along with the Expy for winter duty. 300 lbs of sand in the trunk helps a bunch with the Lincoln.

The other '98 sits in the garage, forged and stroked, slathered with blankets, patiently waiting for her new lung transplants, dry roads and the track to open.

The '93 also sits in the garage, continuously donating a stream of parts that slowly make their way to the plater for future duty on a much grander scale.

No heat in the garage yet. Soon hopefully. Interior is finished but now 10 years of crap and parts has to go.

man it was REAL cold today like 8 degrees. my antenna keeps getting stuck, i put like 23 bucks in gas and the gas guage didnt budge... well it budged like an hour later 2 gallons??!?!? i dunno also i think my right rear caliper is sticking or frozen, its making a low shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound while driving on or off the brakes. stops when im at idle.? sometimes my tranny does soem wierd stuff, like ill be at like 30 mph in 3rd? ill give a slight ammount of gas and the rpms will go down? i hate auto. :-(

Mine was running great until last week, all of the sudden the engine is sputtering, and acting up. I have her going into the garage on Thursday, hopefully its not going to break the bank! Planning on new Suspension soon, saved up, and ready to buy, so my ride will be a little higher, and ready for new wheels :---)

Mine is Out in the Garage.. away for the winter.. I can't wait till Spring it was degrees out today.. come on, its even too cold to do some work to it that I would like to do, need to change the fender, replace the a/c clutch pulley, Do the J-mod, and have the 3.73 posi gears installed.. I still go out and sit in it and start it up every now and then,, a def must.. anyone live around MASS? you still driving your Mark VIII?

had a decent snow today, went and drifted all over the place all kinds of dougnuts super happy action fun time

Mine is Out in the Garage.. away for the winter.. I can't wait till Spring it was degrees out today.. come on, its even too cold to do some work to it that I would like to do, need to change the fender, replace the a/c clutch pulley, Do the J-mod, and have the 3.73 posi gears installed.. I still go out and sit in it and start it up every now and then,, a def must.. anyone live around MASS? you still driving your Mark VIII?

you need a driveshaft to do the 3.73's?

My 93 was ditched on Sunday... I haven't seen the grill yet but daughter told me that she was busted... Damn...

I ditched mine on Monday :(

My window flash frosted on the way home from work and as I was slowing down and cleaning it off, I thought I was going straight......Guess what......I was not!

Hit the ditch at about 15mph and thankfully no damage was done.....Other than my pride.

I nearly ditched my mark today coming home from work, but I was avoiding a deer. Hell, my mark has been treating me really well...it even started right up this last weekend when it was -26 below zero with a wind chill of -48 (my car sits outside because I have too many cars and I need a bigger garage)

My Mark is in warm sunny Florida right now...because thats where I am buying my next one from in the spring!!

I made it threw winter and finally retired my mark to a toy car this week.i did one oil change and kept the fluilds top and drove it.,its a little late but i got my winter beater so the mark can rest and race.

I'd take that rock salt out of the trunk and replace it with cat litter. The rock salt will cause corrosion inside the trunk, especially since the winter causes humidity swings inside all vehicles. When I had my '97 Mark, I kept 200 lbs. of cat litter in the trunk all the time, mainly for traction ballast. Traded it in August of '05 for an Expedition, and just traded the Ex a little over a month ago for my 65K mile '99 Navigator. Haven't had to worry about snow for years now, but I do miss mashing the loud pedal on my old Mark from time to time...it was a lot of fun!

Members online

Back