How's your mark Vlll doing this winter

papa bear

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,so how has your car been holding up this winter any problems because of the cold or like me trying to pull it threw winter and do your repairs when it is a little warmer.Mine so far has been decent but is wearing out,my trans is on the fritz and my radiator has a leak and stupid me went threw a car wash and forgot to put down my radio antenna, so snap,quick fix super glue.I also got a nasty exhaust leak and i think i found a crack in my catalyic converter.I have 200 plus pounds of rock salt with a shovel and tools in my trunk so i can get better traction but this is killing my mpg's and making my car sluggish.I also warped my front rotors so i have a shakie steering wheel when braking and i have not taken my car in for that recall notice yet.One cool thing is my car was all black but lately it looks two tone from all the road salt and power washing it is a pain when you have to do it ever two days.One other thing i got this winter was leaking beads on my rims so once aweek i have to do my tire pressure check and refill but i have not had my doors freeze yet.Have a good winter everyone and maybe one of you will make a mark viii snowmobile and park yours in the garage and save it from the winter gremlins.:)

I have one tire with a leek and lots of salt other than that everything runs
great love my fords. also the cd changer skips more the colder it gets
Tires are geting old not the cars fault (problem with my right foot)

No winter problems here... Love playing in the snow with them...

Only winter problem I have is if it's snows 6" or so my 94 is screwed being that it's 1.5" lowered... She'll get on top of the snow and get hung up at times.. LOL..

Maybe that old dying 88 T-bird should become a snowmobile... Hmmmmm....

Maybe this summer I see what I need to do to get that beast running well.

Mines not doing that well... I have a huge brake leak coming from the ABS pump and my trans only has 2nd gear :( How do you replace the abs pump? looks like a PITA

mine is doing fine, been in the garage since november. although i do need to replace my iac valve. that should be fun from everything i've heard. it's a '95.

Mines in the heated garage. It hasn't seen snow in years:)

169-6981_IMG.JPG

Our winter In Dallas/Ft Worth have been nearly non exsistant.

I do have a problem in the cold, the Alternator wont charge both batteries very well.
Im on alt 3 in 6 monthes.

I park mine in the garage in winter, usually in early December but this year it has been pretty nice so I took it off my insurance on the 1oth of january and will not get it back on the road again until late march or early april-I have other 'drivers' and also a 98 Jeep TJ w/ new 33" BFG All terrain TA's, it usually gets the winter duty and the Mark gets the warm weather work for pleasure runs. I don't rely on either for basic transportation, so neither sees anywhere near 5000 miles a year, therefore no emissions test necessary either-life is good...:D :D

mine is resting in the driveway... i only take her out on clear weather days.. and if snow is in the forecast i bust out the car cover..

I CANT WAIT FOR APRIL !!!!!!!!!!! winter absolutely BLOWS !!!

Well the projected project end date was Dec 31, and well I haven't even started just needs to be painted and swap all the parts from my first mark into it.

Mine is parked under snow cover in the driveway no room in the garage.
I cant wait for spring I been driving a full size bronco that has a full size appetite for gas !

I drive mine everyday, we don't get much winter here in Spartanburg SC. Back when I had that stupid air ride before I converted to coils my susp. would stay jacked up and not vent but I fixed that and got rid of that crap. BTW I have a complete Air Ride system if anybodys interested, all the bags look good and I have all the height sensors, the compressor is crap though.

The 96 is parked in the heated garage needs a few minor things.
The 94 is in the garage too but goes out as needed. Had to put front brakes on it. Right front Caliper seized up .... Jeremi Hooked me up :D . They have been replaced before I bought it. But don't know much history. Fuel pump is getting ready to go.:confused:

been driving mine every day since i got it before christmas. i haven't felt a need to put weight in it, my traction control is functional, my abs works, and thanks to jamie, i can drive safely at night.

my other "car" is a lightning and it's a nightmare in the winter.

I am smelling anti-freeze but my carpet is dry, windshield fogs up a bit, I think i know what it is..........

Mines sitting in the garage aswell. Wanted to get it ready for spring so it can have a re-birth. I got the 97 lsc in september and was only able to drive it for 2 months before i put it away.. Cant drive w/o heat. Im doing my blend door now but it'll have to wait to be completed untill it gets out of the teens.

I'm pretty much getting it as close to mint as possible by spring.

1.5" conversion
shocks/mounts
Re-paint/restore some 19's that i got a few months back and throw out the chrome- peeling
b.s thats on the now.
blend door
paint ds handle
rub out some paint blemishes
replace speakers
rearend fluid
m/f stick
spark plugs
polish headlights
wax / detail

ect
ect
ect

However the 98 marquis is doing quite well at its age.
It gets all the hard duties and crappy weather as of now.
But i treat her well and maintaned , i just dont give her bathes much. She rides exactly how i want her to.
Minus a upcoming bj. She's a biut.

With all the talk about Mark VIII's being money pits & constantly breaking down I have gotten very lucky. No problems in the 2+ years that I have owned her & she is currently sleeping in the garage. She doesn't EVER stay out at night.

With all the talk about Mark VIII's being money pits & constantly breaking down I have gotten very lucky. No problems in the 2+ years that I have owned her & she is currently sleeping in the garage. She doesn't EVER stay out at night.

In the past 5 years almost 6 with my car she has only had one problem That I didnt cause and it was an easy fix upper intake gasket

Members online

Back