How's this sound?

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Gonna be experimenting with my 95 5.0's exhaust in a month or two. Before I spend 400+ on a whole catback I was thinking of getting some flow 40s and dumping them before the rear wheels. Here's a video I found with just the flowmaster super 40s w tailpipes, so with dumps it'd be a lot louder. I think this car sounds pretty good, what do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--14Sis5IsQ&feature=channel&list=UL

Dumps get very annoying. I ran them for years on my '94. Go with tailpipes. Trust me. I run Single Chamber flowmasters on my car. Sounds better than 2 chambers ever could.

My 95 has long tubes, a mac prochamber, and flowmasters dumped before the rear axle. Sounds good till you actually have to drive it somewhere then its beyond annoying, and JoshMcMadMac is right it probably won't pass inspection in your area. In Georgia the law says the exhaust must exit the vehicle behind the rear axle, but there are no inspections here and it isn't really enforced.

-Alan

hope you dont drive in any dusty areas cuz on my cousins fox he stirred up alot of dust because of the dumps

and on a side note flowmasters rust out. my 40 series didnt last long at all.

I'm not dumping a lot of $$ into this car so I'm trying to do it on the cheaper side. It probably will get annoying, im not doubting that, but with my stock catted h my car won't be loud without dumping the exhaust. I'll pass inspection if i dump the exhaust, i'm leaving the tail pipes at the end aswell so it looks like the exhaust is full length, and I like the tips too much anyways. Theres no dust where i am luckily, just a million potholes =/ I'm gonna keep the tail pipes so if i get tired of the dumps i can just have the tail pipes put back on. Thanks for the input guys

Members online

Back