How to remove fake wood trim sticker

lincoln ls_250k

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
my 2000 ls came with factory wood trim but the previous owned added wood trim to the radio the a/c control unit and the center console i would like to remove it but it seems to REALLY be on there

ill post pics tomorrow

The best thing to do will be use a hair dryer to heat up and soften the glue then clean the rest of the glue off with a goo gone or simaler citrus agent or detergent

The best thing to do will be use a hair dryer to heat up and soften the glue then clean the rest of the glue off with a goo gone or simaler citrus agent or detergent

Yep, exactly as he said. One thing to note, using goo gone did not work when I removed mine. I had to warm up the remaining glue and use my nail to scrape it off. Apparently scrapers for this kinda jobs exist, so you might wanna look into those to save yourself the pain and aggravation.

Also, depending on the age of the kit, and whether a glue primer was used, the damage may be irreversible.

I HATE THOSE WOOD KITS :D ... heat it up, then let the goobgone sit on overnight... you will still need to scrape, but should help...

i will take pics when the time comes, i have a heat gun here at the shop... i dont like how it looks and the placement is off too i could have installed it better

Don't overheat the plastic parts taking the stickers off. I'm sure you know that already though.

[/QUOTE]
I HATE THOSE WOOD KITS :D ... heat it up, then let the goobgone sit on overnight... you will still need to scrape, but should help...

Then you would hate to be inside my car lol. "Oh my gosh, look at all dat wood :D"

Don't overheat the plastic parts taking the stickers off. I'm sure you know that already though.
And don't use anything stronger than the goo be gone..... Yes laquer thinner will get it off but.....

Then you would hate to be inside my car lol. "Oh my gosh, look at all dat wood :D"[/QUOTE]

Not yours. I meant the other wood kit. :shifty:

And don't use anything stronger than the goo be gone..... Yes laquer thinner will get it off but.....

Then you would hate to be inside my car lol. "Oh my gosh, look at all dat wood :D"

I got some lacquer thinner on plastic once, it muffed it up good. It spilled while cleaning my spray gun and destroyed the pressure gauge face.

I am not a big fan of wood all the way up the center. I want to do mine in a piano black but not until it gets warmer out.

the only problem I can see with using a spray is it seeping in be hind the buttons and eating up the contacts. maybe if you spray it on the rag first it would be alright.

The radio doesn't really concern me as much as the air conditioning controls as i will be installing a new radio in the car soon, ill post pics when i get a chance been real busy at work.

take you time and go slow... it'll come off... worst case you scrape it up. nothing a little sandpaper and paint cant fix

You can use rubbing alcohol to remove the leftover residue with no damage.

hell, just the friction and heat from you thumb will get a lot of it...

Members online

Back